Security Installer Community

Pocket PC forms.

morph

Can anyone reccomend a good forms software that works with Microsofts Pocket PC Software and has a signature capture facility.

I have heard than you do this with Adobe PDF software, has anyone seen or tried this.

Alarmguard,

It looks like we are trying to do the same thing!

Fancy a bit of colaboration?

James

TSS

Communication is "A question asked, and an Opinion given." I offer mine to help you with yours.

Statements I make are my personal views only at the time they are posted, if I offend you sorry, must be taken in context and do not neccesarily represent those of my employer.

Give me a call James, use the London office number below.

We have a few like minded installers working in a group on this and other similar things that affect our industry ;)

Colin.

Give me a call James, use the office number below.

We have a few like minded installers working in a group on this and other similar things that affect our industry ;)

Colin.

20342[/snapback]

Colin are you there now?

James

TSS

Communication is "A question asked, and an Opinion given." I offer mine to help you with yours.

Statements I make are my personal views only at the time they are posted, if I offend you sorry, must be taken in context and do not neccesarily represent those of my employer.

Alarmgaurd

Can you give me a brief of what you are intending to do, our main data base has been written over the last three years by me, this keep all customer details and history as well as prints (now emails aswell) out letters to the Police for reinstatement letters, CS keyholder changes, URN notification, Customer for service and engineers service lists, i have just added a bit that prints out all the commissioning paperwork by pressing one button.

At the moment i am trying to have all our ipaqs with a service schedule for the month, when a service is carried out the engineer selects the customer and completes yes / no answers ( to type anything on a ipaq would take to long) and a box for recommendations and customer signature, i have been playing about with the screen and there is a limit of have much you can get on it without more pages.

Now for the best bit ( which is in progress now ), the ipaqs (model 5555) have built in wireless LAN which if the ipaq is switched on whilst with in 200m of our main pc it should update and change the information on the main pc without any intervention, and print out a sheet for that service, so we have a paper copy with the customers signature on it.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Basically trying to cut down on paperwork and integrate as many forms into the ipaq and link it to our database, obviously there are still some forms that will be on paper. we got wireless links to the office network and are looking to use GPRS to update the engineers in the field, essentially what some of the more expensive packages do "alarm master and Cash etc" a few off us are planning to try in out in tandem with a paperbased system.

Few issues to sort out first, like security, battery life, small printers etc.

We use the kiss software so we are looking to implement with that package.

Archived