Security Installer Community

No Strobe Flash On Ade Reson8 Box

craigpollock

Hello all,

Just replaced my brother in law's defunct system with an ADE Reson8 bell box (8EP420), linked to a new Honeywell Optima Compact Panel (8EP396A), keeping the old wiring and PIRs.

All is working OK except the strobe doesn't activate on alarm, nor when doing the unit tests via the control panel. Bell etc works fine, red/green LEDs alternating away, battery connected and jumpers enabled for battery and set to 20 minutes too.

Wiring matches the TADB on the panel (T=SCB, A=SCB, D=Bell+, B=Bell-) to the TDAB (yes, I know the letters are different!) (T=RTN-, D=HOLD OFF+, A=HOLD OFF-, B=TRIG-) on the SAB module. What is missing (was never there) is any fifth wire from Strobe- in the panel to go to STB- in the bell box.

Is there a slick way to wire the 4 TADB wires to enable the strobe to work. or use a jumper for the strobe?

Thanks in advance!

Craig...

Only a four core cable? Strobe draws quite a lot of current. you should probably use the bell box in scb mode instead. the link will probanly work though

Thanks. Yes, wiring on this lot leaves a lot to be desired. What do I link to get it to work, or how do I use in SCB mode? I've simply lined up the the 4 core TADB <-> TDAB wiring. Says strobe is 120mA and sounder is 240mA. No other jumpers to set on the bell module?

just put a link between strobe -ve and -ve trigger, the strobe will flash while the bell is ringing, but will stop at same time, imstead of stoppings as it should upon reset instead of silence.

Hope that makes sence.

just put a link between strobe -ve and -ve trigger, the strobe will flash while the bell is ringing, but will stop at same time, imstead of stoppings as it should upon reset instead of silence.

Hope that makes sence.

So 360 mA in full alarm without internal sounders/pir/remote keypads taken into account. i dont know your panel, what is it rated to supply? I would allow 100 mA for a rkp, 40mA per pir if i had no imfo on them. be careful on the supplied current figure, make sure it takes account of the control units current, or allow up to 200mA for that

Thanks guys. I guess without the ability to connect the two strobe links, I'll have to limit it to strobing for the 20 minutes the sounder is on. Could be worse! Will report back if I get it fixed (too piggin cold to gop outside now!!!!)

It should be 15 minutes on a new panel.

Link the B terminal to the STB in the bell.

We've always wired the strobe and bell together on the same core, better than having the strobe flashing for weeks while on holiday...

Archived