Security Installer Community

Texecom Ricochet

cymru09

I'm looking to self install a Texecom Ricochet system and have a few questions. What do you think of the below components?

1x Texecom premier24 metal 8 zone CAA-0004

1x Elite keypad DBD-0129

1x Wireless 8 zone expander GCD-0001

2x Wireless door contacts GBC-0001

4x Wireless PIR GBA-0001

1x Sounder & strobe FCC-0843

1x 7aH 12v back-up battery

2x Smart keyfob GCC-0001

Is 6 core cable ok? Is the 7aH a suitable capacity for the back-up battery? Can you suggest a supplier. I've only looked at efireandsecuirty so far.

I'm looking to self install a Texecom Ricochet system and have a few questions. What do you think of the below components?

1x Texecom premier24 metal 8 zone CAA-0004

1x Elite keypad DBD-0129

1x Wireless 8 zone expander GCD-0001

2x Wireless door contacts GBC-0001

4x Wireless PIR GBA-0001

1x Sounder & strobe FCC-0843

1x 7aH 12v back-up battery

2x Smart keyfob GCC-0001

Is 6 core cable ok? Is the 7aH a suitable capacity for the back-up battery? Can you suggest a supplier. I've only looked at efireandsecuirty so far.

very funny... made me chuckle - thanks for that..

You'll need a 32 way ricohchet expander, your smart keys take one slot each so you have 10 devices wireless total

I take it the 6 core will be for keypad and bell, that will be fine for both

Hey Ho, Lets Go

You'll need a 32 way ricohchet expander, your smart keys take one slot each so you have 10 devices wireless total

I take it the 6 core will be for keypad and bell, that will be fine for both

Ah, i didn't think about the smart keys being counted as a device. cheers

No nothing uses two slots, I would personally still go for the 32 way expander though as if you will need to change it if you decide to add anything else (i.e. third smart key/extra PIR etc)

Hey Ho, Lets Go

If you intend to "self install" this lot bear the following in mind:

A Ricochet receiver, Odyssey 1-5 ext bell on scb, a speaker, 1 Elite rkp uses 0.645A. The Premier 24 metal only has a max current of 0.75A in alarm so that leaves no room for expansion, even for a second keypad or a basic com24 for sms comms. Consider buying the Premier 48, a far better panel with a bigger psu. I have used the Elite rkp, very nice but have had 2 with sticking buttons, one on the flush-fit version and one on the surface version (the up/down keys). The Ricochet mesh system works well but I have come across a jamming problem on one system which Texecom blames on a Honeywell central heating remote stat from a neighbours house working on the same 868MHz frequency; there is no threshold adjustment with Ricochet. Remember that there is no USB Com lead (to program the panel and the Ricochet receiver) and usually no manual or cd with the panel or Wintex.

Ok i'll go for the 48 instead. I've managed to find all the installation manuals I think i'll need. I've also got a copy of Wintex but I was going to try programming with a keypad first. Is it any easier through Wintex? I thought it would complicate things further?

Easy enough to prog with the rkp if your used to the equipment, even if you are though it's much quicker/easier with Wintex.

The guys who run the local car wash fit alarms on the weekend. They use this kit so the average school kid shouldn't have too much trouble..

The guys who run the local car wash fit alarms on the weekend. They use this kit so the average school kid shouldn't have too much trouble..

So they could theoreticaly be installing the kit 100+ days a year-Proberably a little more kit experience than the average school kid I would imagine.

The Prem stuff is very user friendly but that doesn't make it a walk in the park for the inexperienced, a simple programming error can cause all sorts of problems imho-I've been asked many a question regarding the various parameters, even by fellow time served engineers.

I thus assume the guys at the local car wash are in direct competition with yourself then, hmm.

So they could theoreticaly be installing the kit 100+ days a year-Proberably a little more kit experience than the average school kid I would imagine.

The Prem stuff is very user friendly but that doesn't make it a walk in the park for the inexperienced, a simple programming error can cause all sorts of problems imho-I've been asked many a question regarding the various parameters, even by fellow time served engineers.

I thus assume the guys at the local car wash are in direct competition with yourself then, hmm.

We used to use the premier outselves so I'm not belittling the panel but (and it's a big but) if it isn't that hard then why do all the sparkies/DIY/car wash types choose the premier most often??

Any BTW they are most definately not competitiion! We do very little domestic intruder work these days because there is no money in it (probably thanks so some of the above)..

My local direct competition are 2 other SSAIB firms.

if it isn't that hard then why do all the sparkies/DIY/car wash types choose the premier most often??

Pre internet & around here DSC & before that Scantronic where very popular with the hobby installer, the switched on ones buying the best kit they can get there hands on,

A trade only product is one thats not in distrubtion, none spring to mind that I would wish to install...

Mr? Veritas God

Archived