Security Installer Community

Texecom Ricochet

cymru09

Easy enough to prog with the rkp if your used to the equipment, even if you are though it's much quicker/easier with Wintex.

The guys who run the local car wash fit alarms on the weekend. They use this kit so the average school kid shouldn't have too much trouble..

The guys who run the local car wash fit alarms on the weekend. They use this kit so the average school kid shouldn't have too much trouble..

So they could theoreticaly be installing the kit 100+ days a year-Proberably a little more kit experience than the average school kid I would imagine.

The Prem stuff is very user friendly but that doesn't make it a walk in the park for the inexperienced, a simple programming error can cause all sorts of problems imho-I've been asked many a question regarding the various parameters, even by fellow time served engineers.

I thus assume the guys at the local car wash are in direct competition with yourself then, hmm.

So they could theoreticaly be installing the kit 100+ days a year-Proberably a little more kit experience than the average school kid I would imagine.

The Prem stuff is very user friendly but that doesn't make it a walk in the park for the inexperienced, a simple programming error can cause all sorts of problems imho-I've been asked many a question regarding the various parameters, even by fellow time served engineers.

I thus assume the guys at the local car wash are in direct competition with yourself then, hmm.

We used to use the premier outselves so I'm not belittling the panel but (and it's a big but) if it isn't that hard then why do all the sparkies/DIY/car wash types choose the premier most often??

Any BTW they are most definately not competitiion! We do very little domestic intruder work these days because there is no money in it (probably thanks so some of the above)..

My local direct competition are 2 other SSAIB firms.

if it isn't that hard then why do all the sparkies/DIY/car wash types choose the premier most often??

Pre internet & around here DSC & before that Scantronic where very popular with the hobby installer, the switched on ones buying the best kit they can get there hands on,

A trade only product is one thats not in distrubtion, none spring to mind that I would wish to install...

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Archived