Security Installer Community

Alien Eko Dvr

jizzer

Has anyone used these I have had a look on system q site but there is as yet no instruction pdf available I want to know what the functionality is like and also the GUI it uses is it the same as any other in the alien range.

Thanks Neil

Hi.

The new EKO dvr does have the same GUI as the AlienUltra and AlienProlite.

The EKO has been introduced to allow installers to compete with lower cost units without sacrificing picture quality.

The main differences with the EKO to other AlienDVRS is the EKO only supports up to two HDD's, (so currently 2 x Tb =4Tb capacity) and it does not have the loop through's that the ProLite has.

The PCB inside the EKO has been reduced in size and component count with means that it is possible to use the EKO with no internal fan as it generates less heat compared to the Prolite.

The H264 compression algorithm of the EKO is slightly improved which means the picture quality for the same resolution setting compared to the Prolite gives a better picture quality.

The change in the EKO's H264 stream means that it needs a new mobile phone app to render the images. As we had almost finished the Android App this is the one we have done first and is now available (Direct from us and from the end of today from the AlienDVR website). We are now finishing off a new version of the IPHONE APP that should go online at the APP store in about 10days.

The android app now has relay control built in and also direct recording from up to 4 cameras or 4 DVRs simultaneously (ie. 4 channels). When finished the IPHONE app with have these additional features also.

Paul.

System Q Ltd.

Hi paul,

thanks for the reply ,sounds good to me I was not aware that it is a fanless design.Would this cause problems if these units were loft mounted with the fluctuation in temperature particularly in summer with respect to the HD operation.

Thanks

Neil

Hi paul,

thanks for the reply ,sounds good to me I was not aware that it is a fanless design.Would this cause problems if these units were loft mounted with the fluctuation in temperature particularly in summer with respect to the HD operation.

Thanks

Neil

Lofts get extremely hot in summer (I used to be a sparky working in them so I know!) so I would only use the DVR with the fan connected in this instance. Even with a fan connected I doubt if it could be heard from a room below the loft.

If you have an account with us you are very welcome to trial the unit prior to purchase, all account holders have this option.

cheers,

Paul.

System Q Ltd.

Lofts get extremely hot in summer (I used to be a sparky working in them so I know!) so I would only use the DVR with the fan connected in this instance. Even with a fan connected I doubt if it could be heard from a room below the loft.

If you have an account with us you are very welcome to trial the unit prior to purchase, all account holders have this option.

cheers,

Paul.

is there an option on the eko to connect a fan ?

I now notice on your web site there is now 2 case options for the Eko, why is this ?

Thanks

is there an option on the eko to connect a fan ?

I now notice on your web site there is now 2 case options for the Eko, why is this ?

Thanks

Hi.

Power supplies-

We supply them all with a fan so that customers can connect it if required.

(BTW its already fitted in the unit, not loose in the packaging)

Please note the power supply is external to the DVR this is because when its built in to the DVR case it needs to be the PC style that also has its own fan. The external power supply can easily dispipate its heat just through its own case.

This means the EKO can be totally silent.

There are two case styles because some customers liked the Prolite DVR case and as the EKO is almost identicle to the Prolite in features it makes sence to enable those customers to carry on supplying the equivenlent of the Prolite at quite a cost saving.

The second case was simply introduced as an alternative to give installers some flexibility is style and branding. As the second case is lower cost to manufacture this unit is £10 less on the trade price.

The Eko will be in the next catalogue that you should receive I believe at the end of this week or early next week.

If you PM me your email I will send you a PDF of the whole alien range in features so you can compare.

cheers,

Paul.

System Q Ltd.

Hi Paul

Thanks for the reply I have already ordered the eko to be delivered tommorow but at the time I dont think the "prolite" version style case was on the web site which is a shame As i prefer the look of this.

Just to clarify with regard to the fan are you saying it is actually installed inside the dvr chassis but not connected?

Regards Neil

Hi Paul

Thanks for the reply I have already ordered the eko to be delivered tommorow but at the time I dont think the "prolite" version style case was on the web site which is a shame As i prefer the look of this.

Just to clarify with regard to the fan are you saying it is actually installed inside the dvr chassis but not connected?

Regards Neil

Hi Neil.

I will see if I can sort a different fascia for you if you want it.

The fan will come fitted and will have been connected and tested.

If you have asked for the unit commissioned silent it will be disconnected, if not it will come connected.

cheers,

Paul.

System Q Ltd.

Archived