Security Installer Community

Ljd Video Server

Hi i have been asked to remove all video recordings and video databases and create a new one on a LJD video Server. However the shop has lost the vshell password. I have tried the defaults of Admin-vshell but no luck, is there any way if resetting this password? or as a last resort getting the software to do a complete bare metal reinstalltion?

I appreciate any help.

Failing that i want to know if i can just say reinstall windows xp onto the leviathan server and then get some different software to run all the cameras. this would be ideally the super last resort but i need to see what my options are.

Again any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Dave |Turner

Hi i have been asked to remove all video recordings and video databases and create a new one on a LJD video Server. However the shop has lost the vshell password. I have tried the defaults of Admin-vshell but no luck, is there any way if resetting this password? or as a last resort getting the software to do a complete bare metal reinstalltion?

I appreciate any help.

Failing that i want to know if i can just say reinstall windows xp onto the leviathan server and then get some different software to run all the cameras. this would be ideally the super last resort but i need to see what my options are.

Again any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Dave |Turner

You don't need to log into the vshell to remove the recordings it can be done from the tool bar, under the tab video database

To get into the Vshell area, It should be admin no caps vshell no caps. But you only need this area to set up the LAN and correct the clock etc

The Leviathan uses embedded xp and only the right software will work with those cards, geovision and other software simply wont work.

Hi if you cant get in with admin vshell. then the admin may have been changed. i.e password but vshell will be the same. you will need to get into the vshell if you want to remove all footage from your system.

we have all levi software deltawave levi / levi mk2 /levi mk3. you can tell which you have by looking in the top right corner. also you may have to remove some capture cards before you can upgrade. i.e 12 or 16 way. and then replace cards when update is done.

changing the software on the levi. to something else cant be done as the matrix screen setup is on the capture card (as a chip) marked with orange sticker. we have not tried changing the capture cards to a geovision and using windows but we have used aver nv5000 cards and worked.

but the levi is a very good dvr (even better if its a MK2 or 3. so i would just upgrade yours with software. the levi is back on the market now both here and in the USA. so if needed you could send your system to adata for an upgrade.

• 5 years later...

Hi tomcctv. We are a school with a video recorder running vserver 43.11.272. The hardware unit has a badge on the front UAI (with an embedded XP licence sticker). The unit plays to a dedicated monitor OK. Due to building work it would be very useful to monitor the video stream on the office managers PC. Do you know of any client software that would do the job. Many thanks.

4 hours ago, SteveP said:

Hi tomcctv. We are a school with a video recorder running vserver 43.11.272. The hardware unit has a badge on the front UAI (with an embedded XP licence sticker). The unit plays to a dedicated monitor OK. Due to building work it would be very useful to monitor the video stream on the office managers PC. Do you know of any client software that would do the job. Many thanks.

We have a client software that should work with the older machines. We now have the UK OEM license for the old Leviathan machine and we have rebranded it as our own. 

EliseDVR_VClient_5_0_11_161_adv_[XpVsW7].exe

• 2 weeks later...

When you minimise it you will find that its gone to the bottom right running application box. if you right click on the icon you can then open or close the app or run on top monitor, this will bring the app up on top of the screen and you can move it around the screen and change the size.  

Sorry for the delay in reply I hadnt noticed you had replied