Security Installer Community

Texecom Premier 832

desigan

Hi All

This is my first post so be easy on me - I have a Texecom Premier 832 panel with a remote expander (Partition 2). I have programmed as follows - current setup:

1 x LCD keypad - active for Partition 1 only - i.e. shows only partition 1 zones and not partition 2 unless accessing it by AREA button

Partition 1 for indoor sensors

Partition 2 for my outdoor sensors.

Partition 1 - is armed/disarmed by keypad/user code.

Partition 2 - armed/disarmed by remote control via remote receiver connected to a zone in partition 2

The initial installation had the keypad active for partition 1 and 2 but I changed it to partition 1 only as when I pressed YES to AWAY arm it would arm Partition 1 AND 2 (I didnt want 2 to arm)after the exit timer.

Is it possible to have the LCD keypad active for both partitions (so I can see all zones in Part 1 & 2) but when I press the YES button to AWAY arm it must only arm Partition 1 and NOT partition 2 as this means I will trip the outside beams when I leave the house to go outside after arming the inside.

Basically partition 2 must only be armed/disarmed by remote and partition 1 only armed/disarmed by keypad/code BUT at the same time having the keypad show me all zones in Part 1 & 2???

Thanks in advance - I hope someone can advise me....

Perhaps I'm missing something here, but, are you wanting to have your outside beams working when you're away from the house?

Not a good idea.

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Perhaps I'm missing something here, but, are you wanting to have your outside beams working when you're away from the house?

Not a good idea.

Hi Magpye,

No when i press YES to AWAY arm I only want the inside of the house to arm - I DO NOT want the outside beams(partition 2) to arm- it must only arm/disarm by remote and not keypad AND at the same time the keypad must show me all zones from Part 1 & 2 - is this possible?

let me know if you do not understand i will try to be more elaborate...

Archived