Security Installer Community

Bt 92A Block Terminal - Can You Get A Face Place Version Of This?

THX

Please help I need some guidance on the phone line connection to our pending alarm installation.

The alarm control unit will be mounted in a location where the builder has already installed a fused – non switched, 13amp socket and extension* phone socket.

*We have an External BT NTE box so all the sockets inside the house are essentially extensions from the External BT NTE ‘master socket’. The phone socket next to where the alarm control will go has its own dedicated BT line and has been wired by BT to be the only socket in the house using this dedicated line number.

My question is related to the extension socket currently in place for the alarm as it’s just a normal telephone extension socket. It’s currently a nice neat recessed socket which I would like to retain by:

• Replacing the standard socket face plate with a face plate version of the BT 92A Block Terminal. Firstly, does such a thing exist? If yes, where can you buy one? If not, I'll have to replace it with a standard BT 92A Block Terminal and if so where on earth can you buy one of these??

Thanks in advance for any help.

The 92a is just a connection point. there are no components inside, just Krone connections and screw terminals. In theory its only provided to allow customers equipment (STU) to connect onto the line. At a pinch you could fit the 92a in the back of your existing faceplate and just use the faceplate to 'cover up' the 92a. Not sure what BT/Openreach would have to say tho!

"They put me in a box with my coat on! I know it doesn't sound much.."

Thanks All for the quick replies.

Thanks for the mains spur fuse rating correction - missed this in the suppliers small print, where they do state 3amp!

I like the idea of fitting the BT92A into the recess behind the BT socket - nice and neat, if it fits in there OK. Regards BT and the socket, luckily this socket is an internal extension off of the external NTE, so no issue with BT as it's not their responsibility.

I have looked high and low to purchase a BT92A, do you know where I can purchase one??

Thanks again

BT 92A is block terminal for redcare, your unlikely to find one for sale as it a block termail with redcare printed on it nornmally fitted by a BT eng

A block terimal is meant to be asseccable so a telephone can disconnect your equipment to work on the line. As it normally fitted next to a great big metal box I can't see any great issue with the block termail being on show

Mr? Veritas God

Hi MrHappy

We are not using BT Redcare, but will instead be using Dualcom GPRS, so no involvement by BT Redcare.

Can you purchase a 'generic', non-Redcare version of the BT92A, as the alarm provider is still requesting a "Block Terminal for monitoring types other than Redcare".Or is it going to have to be a Redcare block terminal and BT call out to supply and fit one - like it or not...?

Sorry I didn't mention this at the beginning.

Archived