Security Installer Community

Id Plus Contacts

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hens teeth these days. You are better fitting a stand alone contact with wired biscuit. Saying that, what system is it fitted to? Even non iD+ bicuits are hard to get hold of these days

Thanks for the reply 9651.

The current system is an ADE Ultimate panel with iD contacts all round. This has been in for about 20 years now and has given very good service. We are about to start some work on the property and need to expand beyond the 30 sensor limit. Tried to get hold of a line expander but no joy (someone on TSI is now going to offer me one I'll bet ;) ). The plan, now, is to fit a Texecom Premier panel with a 60ixd expander so that we can hook the existing sensors into the new panel and then modify as we need to.

We are having some new windows made and would like to have the contacts fitted at the factory. In the absence of iD contacts, are there any conventional contacts that I could fit an iD+ biscuit into?

Many thanks, Dave

The reason for sticking with iD is that it will make for an easier wire-up. I want to be able to monitor individual sensors. One of the windows will have six sensors. Using EOL would involve running six cables back to a zone expander. Using iD would involve paralleling up the sensors and hooking the cable into an existing iD ring cable.

seriously. do you expect an intruder to open the windows?

In my experience, all attempts at the property have been by prising the windows. The alarm system has triggered and the intruder has scarpered without even un-securing the window. Our local crime prevention officer is very impressed by the setup and said there is nothing more to do.

window contacts meanyou cannot leave on 'vent' on a hot day, ballache imo.

Hi Norman

I take your point. With the existing system the upper floor windows are omittable. The new windows are sliding sash. this gives us the opportunity to fit additonal magnets in the vented position.

Archived