Security Installer Community

Id Plus Contacts

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hens teeth these days. You are better fitting a stand alone contact with wired biscuit. Saying that, what system is it fitted to? Even non iD+ bicuits are hard to get hold of these days

Thanks for the reply 9651.

The current system is an ADE Ultimate panel with iD contacts all round. This has been in for about 20 years now and has given very good service. We are about to start some work on the property and need to expand beyond the 30 sensor limit. Tried to get hold of a line expander but no joy (someone on TSI is now going to offer me one I'll bet ;) ). The plan, now, is to fit a Texecom Premier panel with a 60ixd expander so that we can hook the existing sensors into the new panel and then modify as we need to.

We are having some new windows made and would like to have the contacts fitted at the factory. In the absence of iD contacts, are there any conventional contacts that I could fit an iD+ biscuit into?

Many thanks, Dave

The reason for sticking with iD is that it will make for an easier wire-up. I want to be able to monitor individual sensors. One of the windows will have six sensors. Using EOL would involve running six cables back to a zone expander. Using iD would involve paralleling up the sensors and hooking the cable into an existing iD ring cable.

seriously. do you expect an intruder to open the windows?

In my experience, all attempts at the property have been by prising the windows. The alarm system has triggered and the intruder has scarpered without even un-securing the window. Our local crime prevention officer is very impressed by the setup and said there is nothing more to do.

window contacts meanyou cannot leave on 'vent' on a hot day, ballache imo.

Hi Norman

I take your point. With the existing system the upper floor windows are omittable. The new windows are sliding sash. this gives us the opportunity to fit additonal magnets in the vented position.

In my experience, all attempts at the property have been by prising the windows. The alarm system has triggered and the intruder has scarpered without even un-securing the window. Our local crime prevention officer is very impressed by the setup and said there is nothing more to do.

local crime prevention officer = 1/2 day training over coffee and donuts, there are no CPO`s anymore, two of the most experianced posters both say "why bother" but please explain how a contact triggers without the window even opening?

The reason for sticking with iD is that it will make for an easier wire-up. I want to be able to monitor individual sensors. One of the windows will have six sensors. Using EOL would involve running six cables back to a zone expander. Using iD would involve paralleling up the sensors and hooking the cable into an existing iD ring cable.

It is a poor idea to fit obsolete iD kit IMO.

Fair enough if you want to re-connect existing, but I think you are postponing the inevitable (a full re-wire).

It's bad enough trying to keep existing iD stuff going, without fitting more!

Hi

Does any body know where I can source magnetic contacts with built in ID plus sensors?

Thanks

Don't know about and contacts but you can get id joint boxes. You wire the contact as normal and wire them into the joint box.

It is a poor idea to fit obsolete iD kit IMO.

Fair enough if you want to re-connect existing, but I think you are postponing the inevitable (a full re-wire).

It's bad enough trying to keep existing iD stuff going, without fitting more!

Well said

Hey Ho, Lets Go

Good call on the Prem with a 60ixd. However as mentioned, I would rewire all new devises back to the panel and use the spare zones on that, or back to a local point for a H/W expander, then wire that back to a local RKP or panel. ID is a dying brand.

If you really wanted to, you can fit any regular Contact, wire that to a Joint box, then fit a wired biscuit in that. Old ID biscuits are hard to get now (the white ones) and apparently you cant mix the newer ID+ ones and old ones on the same line. However....... we have jobs out there with a mixture of old and new and they dont give any problems(they do run at different speeds mind) We have lots of old ID out there including the Ultimate, Karizma and K+, and TS690's. Lets say when they go bang some give us headaches :(

Old ID biscuits are hard to get now (the white ones) and apparently you cant mix the newer ID+ ones and old ones on the same line. However....... we have jobs out there with a mixture of old and new and they dont give any problems(they do run at different speeds mind)

Not recommended at all to mix iD and iD Plus. Can be ok on Karisma's... but as soon as the panel pops and your putting a Premier in you'll have random intermittant tampers everywhere on the iD line.

Been there, done that, twice now. Grrr!

Lets say when they go bang some give us headaches :(

QFA

Archived