Security Installer Community

Clean Sheet

Hi, we are going through the process of looking into current intruder alarm products and systems to see if there is a single solution that fits all requirements. The hope being that as our business expands we can draw from a single source for either residential or commercial installations and thereby "keep it simple" as we go forwards. So the mythical solution must be...

• Modular
  • Expandable
  • IP Integrated
  • Hybrid for wired/wireless
  • Suitable for home or business
  • Cost effective

So far in the shortlist are Siemens SPC and Scantronic I-On but I'd love to hear from others who do this every day.

Of course we accept the fact that when clients come to us for a system takeover we have to look after whatever is in place.

• 1 month later...

the scantronic i-on is a horrible panel,

the endstatation is way to big for what it contains. and it allways seems to take ages to respond to key-presses especially when setting and unsetting.

never heard of the Siemens SPC before ( let the googleing commence)

-Willis-

Hi, we are going through the process of looking into current intruder alarm products and systems to see if there is a single solution that fits all requirements. The hope being that as our business expands we can draw from a single source for either residential or commercial installations and thereby "keep it simple" as we go forwards. So the mythical solution must be...

• Modular
  • Expandable
  • IP Integrated
  • Hybrid for wired/wireless
  • Suitable for home or business
  • Cost effective

So far in the shortlist are Siemens SPC and Scantronic I-On but I'd love to hear from others who do this every day.

Of course we accept the fact that when clients come to us for a system takeover we have to look after whatever is in place.

how much do you want to spend?

Archived