• 9 months later...
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

I know this is an old post but I thought I would ask the question anyway. I have bought a Texecom panel and the ComIP module. I want to have a play around with it but I am struggling to find any useful documentation on interacting with the ComIP module. I have the Wintex software and the iPhone app, but I fancy writing some custom software to interact with it. I thought I would start by telnetting it. I have established the connection but I don't know any commands to run against it. Does anyone know any?

I contacted Texecom technical support and they sent me a ComIP protocol document but that didn't help - it doesn't describe how to interact with the module. Does anyone know of any links to useful information that they could share with me? 

Thanks

Thanks for the reply secureiam. I have signed the NDA and received the simple protocol document.

I have tried requesting access to the panel using the \Wxxxx/ command but I just keep getting ERROR back. I have tried all of the user codes I know (including the engineer code) and I have also tried the master password that I use on the iPhone application but none of them work. Any ideas?

I assure you if its setup correctly it does work you may want to ask their tech guys on how to do this, I haven't used it for a very long time. May be having ago on a platform they suggest to start with just till you get your head round how it works and then apply it across.

• 2 years later...
On 18/05/2011 at 18:50, jamesg669 said:

Hi,

has anyone yet had any luck writing Java code to connect to the ComIP module, I am able to connect to the module but have not yet worked out how to send a receive meaningful messages.

In addition i notice you are able to telnet to port 9999 of the comip, but it requires a password, i have tried all the usual defaults and the passwords for UDL, engineering code etc... but no luck, any ideas?

Any info appreciated,

Thanks,

J

Hi James, 

Have you found the Telnet password? I tried every password I have but with no success. Lantronix (Ethernet manufacturer) says it is a 4 digit number