Security Installer Community

Gardtec 593

djr69uk

Hi there

I've got a Gardtec 593 with contour LCD (7 segment) keypad and it doesn't get used as often as it should due to the keypad entry having become a chore!

So I've done some reading and realised it will allow me to use remote keyfobs to active/deactivate the system as it is ACE compatible. However, I'm struggling to find the fobs online.

Could some kind person please point me in the right direction to reasonable priced fobs for this system? Called one security company and they want 45 + VAT. Was hoping I could get them cheaper as I'll need at least two.

I suppose the other option is to upgrade the keypad to a newer system... perhaps a G-Tag compatible system as the tags are less than 3 squids from RS components!

Is it possible to do that, possibly by just upgrading the keypad with something like this?

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/search/searchBrowseAction.html?method=getProduct&R=4931144

Claims to be for the 593, but would at be as simple as just replacing and re-programming the keypad?

Thanks in advance :)

ACE is long gone, G-TAG is a differentg keypad.

Nobody will supply a G-TAG RKP, fit and program tags for £45

I'm also a bit confused as to what RKP you have, LCD 7 segment? Its usually one or the other.

I read it as £45 for the fobs.

I read it as £45 for the fobs.

Hi, yes that is correct. I just want to know if I can buy cheap ACE fobs from somewhere?

If not then, can I get a G-Tag enabled keypad to work with the 593? The one on the RS components link suggests it works with the 593 but I'm not convinced!

Many thanks

Hi, yes that is correct. I just want to know if I can buy cheap ACE fobs from somewhere?

If not then, can I get a G-Tag enabled keypad to work with the 593? The one on the RS components link suggests it works with the 593 but I'm not convinced!

Many thanks

I dont think you will get cheap ACE fobs now unless someone has some in stock. £45 seems a little strong I think ours were between £25-£30 +vat (They are a bit like car alarm fobs have a button on them and a battery) the keypads are infra red readers you may find an infra red txer that will work. Im going into the office shortly to pick up some stock Ill have a look to see if we have any left and Ill check the price out. I am fairly sure they are no longer made.

Pete

Deff not made anymore, i have a few systems out there with them, when they go its upgrade time.

Be lucky to find any knocking about i reckon other than old stock.

Deff not made anymore, i have a few systems out there with them, when they go its upgrade time.

Be lucky to find any knocking about i reckon other than old stock.

If I struggle to find a fob then can I use an RKP that works with the 593?

The link of the one from the RS components site in my 1st post suggests it works with the 593... can anyone confirm?

Thanks

I meant can I use a G-Tag compatible RKP that works with the 593 - such as in the link.

I've got a Gardtec 593 with contour LCD (7 segment) keypad and it doesn't get used as often as it should due to the keypad entry having become a chore!

are your very lazy or are the buttons worn out ?

Mr? Veritas God

If I struggle to find a fob then can I use an RKP that works with the 593?

The link of the one from the RS components site in my 1st post suggests it works with the 593... can anyone confirm?

Thanks

The 593 will require a six wire keypad, the one in your link is almost certainly the newer 4 wire type so no it probably wont work.

Edit - Manufacturers Part No. 01152PA4W, no it wont work on your control panel.

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

• 2 months later...

Does any one have any advice - we have a Gardtec 593 that has been going off every hour over night. The keypad says 'Check Battery/Fuse'; we're going to change the battery, but is there anyway to turn the alarm/bell off? Thanks

Archived