Security Installer Community

Recomendations On A Wired Alarm Box For Powermax+

robbo

Hi,

I've got a visonic powermax+ alarm system installed and now want to fit a wired external bell box. The present one has stopped working and I'm sure its the wireless part inside it thats packed in so it won't "talk" to the main panel anymore. Want to go wired to so i don't need to keep replaceing battery in it, wired is going to be cheaper, and looks like a better option re maintenance etc. So do you guys have any opinions on a good external siren ? what are you fitting for your customers ? can get hold of a honeywell ag8 or an ag3 locally, any opionins on these sirens ??

also considerd butchering the siren thats not working but as thats a mcs-710 and runs at 3.6v it means messing about with the 12v supply from the panel, so gave up on that.

cheers

Any bellbox will work and a lot of installers use their own brand.

Look at Texecom as they are a good make and can be bought DIY. The Honeywell ones are still good but mostly used by DIY'ers.

Pyronix do a bell that lights up at night so its really down to what you prefer.

We install the Gardtec XS3D's with red backbox....some slate them but i have never had a fault yet.

Why not get a company to do the install for you? At least you dont have to get the ladders out etc.

!

Hi,

I've got a visonic powermax+ alarm system installed and now want to fit a wired external bell box. The present one has stopped working and I'm sure its the wireless part inside it thats packed in so it won't "talk" to the main panel anymore. Want to go wired to so i don't need to keep replaceing battery in it, wired is going to be cheaper, and looks like a better option re maintenance etc. So do you guys have any opinions on a good external siren ? what are you fitting for your customers ? can get hold of a honeywell ag8 or an ag3 locally, any opionins on these sirens ??

also considerd butchering the siren thats not working but as thats a mcs-710 and runs at 3.6v it means messing about with the 12v supply from the panel, so gave up on that.

cheers

Have a word with Visonic about your MCS-710, it shouldn't stop working. Is it in warranty?

Any standard wired intruder bellbox can be wired to a Powermax Plus. I do agree with you about the batteries.

Also visonic have now replaced the MCS-710 with the MCS-730.

They do an MCS-730AC which is mains powered.

The benefit of this is no replacing batteries due to mains power and also no wiring to the control panel as the transmission is wireless.

Getting a local mains supply could be tricky tho.

Only fitted one but never had a problem, worth a look.

Hi,

cheers

Texecom odyssey bells are decent, the odyssey 5 looks good

Hi thanks for the replay alarm Protection, yes been having a look on then web and came across the texecom odyssey box, which looks better than the honeywells, will try and track down some info on the gardtec.

Installed the visonic myself, and at the time the battery replacement seemed a huge downside but was persuded by the better half a wireless alarm would be fine, "just get one of those cheap b&q ones".........but with the belbox chewing through them at the rate of one every six months I re wired it with a transformer but I really want to move to fully wired, now this one seems to be f***d. Apart from that its performed wwell and I've been happy with it and the extra expence it caused at the start.

And for having a pro install the replacement, well i'm really not trying to devalue what you guys do, im in the construction trade myself and I've seen some diy horrors over the years, but do most things "diy" myself, (draw the line at gas work !!) and the ladders aint such a problem ( as long as i've hot the harness, hard hat, 15m exclussion zone etc.etc.etc.)

cheers again.!!

je so, you guys are fast !! I'm trying to right one reply and theres three more appeared before i can hit return !!

so thanks again for the comments, the alarms been in for about three years now, so well out of warranty, and the paperwork all indicates that the external siren should wire in without any additional items being required. Really was just to get some ideas on a descent replacement, as i think i've put in a descent system and don't want to avoid the "tat" end of the market with this new siren !!

thanks guys.

You can wire in a bell no probs.

If you look up security Warehouse on the net they have different bells that you can purchase.

Tbh we have some wireless bells out and never liked them for battery usage.

I install a lot of wireless but will always 99% of the time have a hard wired bell with the system.

We have also used the Elmedenr Quartz bell in the past without any problems.

Let us know what you choose and your verdict!

cheers

!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, thanks for the advice and help guys. to finish off the post, got a texecom, and went for an odessey 5. Its fitted, working and all's well. So thanks again guys, much appriciated.

Archived