Security Installer Community

Ats Levels And Failure Reporting Times

james.wilson

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that's a fair comment James, and surprised you have not had any more comments on this.

Jim Carter

WebWayOne Ltd

www.webwayone.co.uk

i think the issue aaron is lack of understanding

ie dualpath must be better than single path? well in some cases yes but i wasnt fully aware of the facts and was led by the marketing sheets.

Ill be dooing some testing on units but im currently of the opinion that we (ie me) should be using G4 comms mainly, then when the risk is quite low, G3 but hardly ever use G2.

Currently we fit mainly G3 comms but we have been forced down this road recently by local cheap competition, but usually when you explain it to the client the want G4. If they dont care then they are usually quite happy with a digi.

Had a few people try and takeover some of our jobs latly and have tried to do it on price, ie rip out out red gsm and fir G2 dual path. When we explain to the client what that means they usually stick with red gsm.

And looking at the above

is an AT4 device doesnt have to report a PRIMARY path failure for 300mins. Assuming the backup path is still available??

that concerns me it really does

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

aaron i dont disagree, im sure you are fully aware how weak g2 is. I think the issue is many are not.

Ive always been anti very anti ip comms, but redcare gsm wont do extended formats, so im thinking i need to look at IP. Ideally what id want is a unit/service that can do IP/GPRS @ g4, but with a PSTN backup as well ie 3 paths. All sending SIA 3 allowing UDL over it, and with some sort of reporting system so i can see signal issues etc pro activly rather than reactivly.

• 2 weeks later...

It just seems that whenever there has been a gprs signal loss or delay, that low signal strength is the excuse. I'd rather be checking it proactively than wait for a break in and then find out.

Yes but my problem with a low signal the manufacturer could alter it if too many people report issues. I remember one of them doing this in the past regarding making the on site signal warning be lower due to complaints

Yes but let's say that a significant strength of 5 was decided as a minimum then installers complain because there are loads in radio low so they change the threshold to 3. I'm also curious due to how poor my phone is with gprs that signal strength isn't a reliable measurement that a signal will actually arrive?

Archived