Security Installer Community

Casbavk Scam To Be Careful Of

arfur mo

Just received this and I have checked the Snopes Hoax site, it's not there, so I sent it to them for investigation.  In the meantime, it pays to check and be sure!!

CHECK YOUR RECEIPTS BEFORE LEAVING THE CHECK-OUT

I bought a bunch of stuff, over £150, & I glanced at my receipt as the cashier was handing me the bags. I saw a cash-back of £40. I told her I didn't request a cash back & to delete it. She said I'd have to take the £40 because she couldn't delete it. I told Her to call a supervisor.

Supervisor came & said I'd have to take it.. I said NO! Taking the £40 would be a cash advance against my Credit card & I wasn't paying interest on a cash advance!!!!! If they couldn't delete it then they would have to delete the whole order.

So the supervisor had the cashier delete the whole order & re-scan everything!

The second time I looked at the electronic pad before I signed & a cash-back of £20 popped up. At that point I told the cashier & she deleted it. The total came out right. The cashier agreed that the Electronic Pad must be defective.

Obviously the cashier knew the electronic pad was defective because she NEVER offered me the £40 at the beginning. Can you imagine how many people went through before me & at the end of her shift how much money she pocketed?

Just to alert everyone. My co worker went to Milford , Sainsburys last week. She had her items rung up by the cashier. The cashier hurried her along and didn't give her a receipt. She asked the cashier for a receipt and the cashier was annoyed and gave it to her. My co worker didn't look at her receipt until later that night. The receipt showed that she asked for £20 cash back.

SHE DID NOT ASK FOR CASH BACK!

My co-worker called Sainsburys who investigated but could not see the cashier pocket the money. She then called her niece who works for the bank and her niece told her this.

" This is a new scam going on. The cashier will key in that you asked for cash back and then hand it to her friend who is the next person in the queue."

Please, please, please check your receipts right away when using credit or debit cards! 

This is NOT limited to Sainsburys; they are one of the largest retailers so they have the most incidents.

I am adding to this. My husband and I were in Sainsburys and paying with credit card when my husband went to sign the credit card signer he just happen to notice there was a £20 cash back added. He told the cashier that he did not ask nor want cash back and she said this machine has been messing up and she canceled it. We really didn't think anything of it until we read this email.

I wonder how many "seniors" have been, or will be, "stung" by this one????

To make matters worse ...THIS SCAM CAN BE DONE ANYWHERE, AT ANY RETAIL OR WHOLESALE LOCATION!!!

BEFORE LEAVING THE CHECK-OUT........CHECK YOUR RECEIPT!!!!!

THIS COULD HAPPEN ANYWHERE. CHECK YOUR RECEIPT BEFORE LEAVING THE STAND. I'VE

SEEN PEOPLE DO JUST THAT. NOW I'LL START!

PASS THIS ON TO YOUR FRIENDS, KIDS, LOVED ONES.

===============

So now you know, also check you do get the discount on BOGOF's, ASDA, B&Q have recently charged me full price when buying wine and tools, I spotted it.

Arfur

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Yes had this done to me, but not at anywhere like a supermarket. Usually corner shop. They also do the milk trick. They leave some milk on the counter and charge you for it.

When questioned, you get sorry nd be thinking it was yours.' '

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

I am adding to this. My husband and I were in Sainsburys and paying with credit card when my husband went to sign the credit card signer he just happen to notice there was a £20 cash back added. He told the cashier that he did not ask nor want cash back and she said this machine has been messing up and she canceled it. We really didn't think anything of it until we read this email.

I wonder how many "seniors" have been, or will be, "stung" by this one????

To make matters worse ...THIS SCAM CAN BE DONE ANYWHERE, AT ANY RETAIL OR WHOLESALE LOCATION!!!

BEFORE LEAVING THE CHECK-OUT........CHECK YOUR RECEIPT!!!!!

THIS COULD HAPPEN ANYWHERE. CHECK YOUR RECEIPT BEFORE LEAVING THE STAND. I'VE

SEEN PEOPLE DO JUST THAT. NOW I'LL START!

PASS THIS ON TO YOUR FRIENDS, KIDS, LOVED ONES.

===============

So now you know, also check you do get the discount on BOGOF's, ASDA, B&Q have recently charged me full price when buying wine and tools, I spotted it.

Arfur

Arfur

Didnt know you had a husband

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

was in an Indian restaurant 3 weeks ago with some friends (Tuesday night curry club FYI), we go in reasonably regularly and when we got to the till I offered my card for payment, he messed about with the card and passed me the terminal to punch in my pin but I noticed there was no value on the screen so I queried it. He got really uppity and would not cancel and re-do so I could see the amount, he kept saying it will be on the receipt, after a few minutes of me being adamant I would not put my pin in until I saw the amount he relinquished but was a bit of a tw4t about it. More than likely harmless and nothing for me to be so arsey about about but needless to say we wont be going back.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Out for s fily brainiest night at a hungry horse ( eat fir grandkids food).

you pay on ordering (I like) so chip and pin, hit code machine dies, they tried 2 others no luck I had to 'tab' my card 20 mumits later they had sorted it and took the money for bill.

Bit scary but I kept the card at all times.

I closed a forcourt last month, machine did the transaction but no till paper in it Si no receipt came out, I'd not noticed and pulled the card out, so now shop had no receipt, I had no receipt they had to phones the card centre took nearly 45 mins to sort it all out- did I feel popular lol?

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

was in an Indian restaurant 3 weeks ago with some friends (Tuesday night curry club FYI), we go in reasonably regularly and when we got to the till I offered my card for payment, he messed about with the card and passed me the terminal to punch in my pin but I noticed there was no value on the screen so I queried it. He got really uppity and would not cancel and re-do so I could see the amount, he kept saying it will be on the receipt, after a few minutes of me being adamant I would not put my pin in until I saw the amount he relinquished but was a bit of a tw4t about it. More than likely harmless and nothing for me to be so arsey about about but needless to say we wont be going back.

Sorry, i disagree. Every reason for you to be arsey.

If you paid with a pocketful of loose change and told him not to bother counting it out as it is all correct i'm sure he'd make sure.

• 3 years later...