Security Installer Community

Another Panasonic Question

sapper

Hi all

Panasonic KX TEA 308 have installed 2 lines in it both on different Nos. Extension 104 needs to be able to access both lines. If line 1 is busy client can ring out on other No. I have this all working. Client wants to have line 1 as preffered outgoing line so if line 1 is not being used he will always ring out on line 1. My problem is i have set line 1 as preference for outgoing line for extension 104 but it always picks line 2. Even if set line to idle as if to pick up either line it always picks up line 2. Line 2 is only assigned to extension 104. Any help please

thanks phil

Hi all

Panasonic KX TEA 308 have installed 2 lines in it both on different Nos. Extension 104 needs to be able to access both lines. If line 1 is busy client can ring out on other No. I have this all working. Client wants to have line 1 as preffered outgoing line so if line 1 is not being used he will always ring out on line 1. My problem is i have set line 1 as preference for outgoing line for extension 104 but it always picks line 2. Even if set line to idle as if to pick up either line it always picks up line 2. Line 2 is only assigned to extension 104. Any help please

thanks phil

your going about this the hard way, 'out of the box' the Panasonc systems and nost modern pabx's will by default use 'Line 1' first for outgoing calls, then if busy use 'line 2', and so on with bigger systems (unless you set any particular line as incomming only).

so all you need do is plug the primary line into 'line 2', and the secondary line in 'Line 1, then all outgoing calls from any extension will be routed by prefference to go out on the secondary number via Line 1 (allowing more incomming calls to use the primary number).

but, if you want to do it the hard way, then allocate all phones that wil dial out on line 2 in prfference into a group, then set the group to use line 2

alter the 'CLIP CLOP' to 'print' the primary number, so dialled people don't 'harvest' the secondary number from the CLI ;).

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived