Security Installer Community

Forum Rules & Disclaimer

Hello to all, Welcome to the Security Forums. :)

Firstly before the rules start can you please spend a few minutes updating your member profile, if nothing else could you please fill in the location field and ensure your email address is VALID.

Please bear in mind that this Forum is available for all Members to view, whatever their age.

SEE HERE FOR COMMUNITY RULES

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

• 8 months later...

Please ensure that when you apply to become a member that your email address is valid as when you apply to join we send you an email with a validation link, if you dont reply to the email by clicking the link within 7 days your account will be terminated.

• 1 year later...

Hi there, I'm not sure this is the best place for this post, but it's appropriate.

(Moderators/admin please feel free to move to somewhere better)

Having been a member of this forum for a few months I've detected a change in tone recently. There are definitely more posts that are rude, aggressive, include personal insults, swearing (poorly disguised), attack individuals, high-minded, snooty, know-it-all, I'm better than you, etc.

I'm getting, to say the least "disappointed" at wading through this stuff. It's not exactly constructive and helpful, is it?

It's also not fair to burden the moderators with intervening to calm things down.

If you read the first posting in this topic you'll see that too many posts are ignoring that guidance.

Amateur Andy, your comments are totally justified.

There have been many instances where replies to posts have been rude and agressive and this is not what I set up this site for. The Members section was intended to be a place where non-trade people could get assistance and guidance from our trade members, The Moderators do a good job here but I feel some are now getting to the point where they perhaps feel the repercussions of their actions may lead to even more hostillity, this of course is not fair to them and so new powers will soon be issued to all current moderators.

We are currently planning the introduction of more Moderators to help out, and I shall be giving them all the abillity to stop any member from replying to topics for a certain ammount of time, its ashame its had to come to this as most members are very helpful and offer constructive opinions.

We are striving to get this site back on the right track, but in the meantime please be patient while we implement new changes.

My sincere apologies to anyone who has experienced any offence or rudeness while browsing this site.

i,m glad somebody has expressed an opinion that i,m sure many of us have noticed for a while.

i know i am not a major contributor to this forum but i am logged in and trawling through the posts fairly regular and i have noticed the tone of a few posts especially in the public viewable side can sometimes be close to the edge.

I would say that if we have banter in the trade section than usually it s between people who know one another so that should,nt count but in the public viewable side we should be more careful to moderate our views even if we think an individual is asking (in our opinion) a silly question.

paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

• 3 years later...

Can I just put a quick request forward?

When moderators ammend posts (quite rightly) due to rule infringement, could they also leave a link to the list of rules? You often see "Reason for edit: Rule X". If the 'rule x' was clickable I think that would be benificial.

cheers chaps!

Email : martin@askthetrades.co.uk

cheers for the suggestion lectrician but as we would have to do that manually, its unlikly to happen. Maybe in time when the number of such edits drops we can, or if we ever do start to have full blown mods. But basically the work load wouold be higher than it currently is for me and chorlton.

James

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

3 points if I may.

1) you should know the rules before you post

2) the link is at the top right of every single page

3) why can't you check the rule number we state yourself?

I feel your asking for us to do all the work TBH when you could just look yourself & I went out my way to hint what you should (& have) done to avoid future edits but still you ask for a change?

C.

I think Lectrician is probably referring to new members who start off by infringing the rules

... but the chances are that those 'members' aren't bothered about the rules and won't be around long enough to care, and if given a link probably wouldn't follow it anyway.

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

Archived