Security Installer Community

Auto Dialer For Veritas R8

Scotty2

Low end panel ( to pros) so yes a lot use a dialler. Better than a SMS text service and cheaper than a standard central station connection(ARC).

There must be thousands of panels with diallers attached.

Note it is illegal to have a dialler call 999/911.

sorry i may posted that question slighty wrong. What i meant was is the autodialer normally connected to the switched negative for the bell box or is there another way of doing it. I am going for the Veritas R8 as i have fitted them before and have had no problems but never realised that an autodialler could be fitted to this system. I know some systems come with a connnection output for such an item

Ahh right, You can use the bell output yes.

Cannot remember if there is a programmable output on a R8, not fitted one for over 10 years!

The R8+ and Excell do have outputs.

If it is a R8 and you use the bell switched neg remember a bell test will trip the dialler as well as any user errors that let the bells ring. Whereas an intruder output would only trip if a zone was tripped when set.

Soz Adrian, if I had started mentioning every dialler would have been typing all night lol.

OP, using a Texecom one would be easier as all wiring would match up.

See id go for a honeywell or menvier unit myself

Soz adrian never used a tex dialler. Just dont rely on anything sms based. Major problems at the mo fir anyone who (foolishly imho) uses sms as their primary signaling

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

No problem guys, actually we do two diallers one with and one without text capability, although in the current climate i would agree with James, the text service is not reliable, it works most of the time but there are occasions where it does not. This is because all manufacturers are relying on a third party to provide the transfer from PSTN to text.

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

This is because all manufacturers are relying on a third party to provide the transfer from PSTN to text.

not having a dig at you or any manufacturer, just want to point out its installers who are relying on 3rd & 4th party to provide beyond our control what we sold to our customers. T & c's dont wash so well at the sharp end.

No problem guys, actually we do two diallers one with and one without text capability, although in the current climate i would agree with James, the text service is not reliable, it works most of the time but there are occasions where it does not. This is because all manufacturers are relying on a third party to provide the transfer from PSTN to text.

and top class they are to, love you can set the calling order without re-inputting the numbers for holidays etc

I have 5 that monitor private generators, engine stops or missfirss sensor fires to call duty engineer. They look in via PC and decide on action to take

Used SD1+ and vocaliser, but IMHO tex blows them away for anything fitted post Market.

Risco G490 of G595 with voice dialler built in takes some beating on vfm especially if dialler required from the get go.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived