Security Installer Community

Concept Keypad Problem

Looking for some help here if anyone has a free moment.

The cover on the Concept intruder alarm sound box was accidentally knocked off last night. The keypad accepted the code to stop the alarm going off, but then went into tamper mode and won't accept any further codes - no beep when the keys are pressed. The Tamper and Power lights are on, the infra red detectors are working and the alarm bell sounds when the mains is turned off - but I can't reset the key pad or enter any numbers.

If anyone has any ideas I would be most grateful. Thanks.

you still have the tamoer fault then. Until the fault is restored and reset it wont do anything.

James

QFA

Whatever caused the tamper (the sound box being knocked) needs putting back properly beofre the tamper will clear.

There is probably a tamper switch on the box which isn't getting pressed properly.

Sort that out then press the reset button.

QFA

Whatever caused the tamper (the sound box being knocked) needs putting back properly beofre the tamper will clear.

There is probably a tamper switch on the box which isn't getting pressed properly.

Sort that out then press the reset button.

Thanks to Redbull and Lawandorder for your quick responses.

I've had a look in the sound box to check for a reset button but the only thing that seems to fit the bill is a small white button. When pressed this sets off the alarm but when that's turned off with the override code the tamper light stays on. The reset button needs to be reset, but I can't see how to do it for it doesn't seem to match up with a pressure point and there is no spring.

Sorry, still stumped!

If the external sounder goes when the mains is off, your control panel bettery needs replacing. Also reckon your panel has "locked out" due to all the twoing & throwing, again, due to the system not being serviced ie, battery needs changing.

I've had a look in the sound box to check for a reset button but the only thing that seems to fit the bill is a small white button. When pressed this sets off the alarm but when that's turned off with the override code the tamper light stays on. The reset button needs to be reset, but I can't see how to do it for it doesn't seem to match up with a pressure point and there is no spring.

Sorry, still stumped!

These panels will appear to "lock up" if there is an outstanding tamper fault, which you have.

There should be a spring on the small white button which will make contact with the rear of the keypad when it's assembled. Without it, you won't be able to clear the fault. Once it's been replaced and put back together you will be able to reset the fault.

Trade Member

Sorry, still stumped!

This should help, a drawing of a, cover removed, Concept KeyPad

post-2699-1243614915_thumb.jpg

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Looking for some help here if anyone has a free moment.

The cover on the Concept intruder alarm sound box was accidentally knocked off last night. The keypad accepted the code to stop the alarm going off, but then went into tamper mode and won't accept any further codes - no beep when the keys are pressed. The Tamper and Power lights are on, the infra red detectors are working and the alarm bell sounds when the mains is turned off - but I can't reset the key pad or enter any numbers.

If anyone has any ideas I would be most grateful. Thanks.

Can you post a picture of the "sound box" or do you know what make and/or model it is?

Archived