Security Installer Community

Veritas 8c Gone Funny After Power Cut

I hope someone can help with this query please

It was working fine till a power cut at 9:15pm

At 12 midnight the alarm was sounding so the wife went downstairs and reset as normal with our code xxxx - reset

At 3:15 am it sounded but our code wouldnt work, ... nothing would so I had to get a screwdriver, gently pry off the cover and unscrew all the wires to get it to stop. Bear in mind this was 3:15 am pitch black lit by a small torch and worried sick it would wake up my little kids

Power is back on now but when I go thru the INSTALL manual what it says should happen doesnt

At power on and reconnect 12v line the is no warning tone ( the annoying one ) like there used to be. The keypad lights up and beeps like it should

After a 4 or 5 keypresses the button beep is a low one...not the normal one

I just had a look at the backup battery in the main box in the loft

It is at 13.2volts so seems ok, it is 5 years old or so

I metered each of the fuses in place and got 8volts at each end of each of them...if that helps

I work for Canon in a techninal role so Im a techy but need a bit of help with this please

Any help is appreciated

Mark

Guest old-hand

What indication is on the keypad.

Can you access the log?

This will help us give you a clearer answer.

I hope someone can help with this query please

It was working fine till a power cut at 9:15pm

At 12 midnight the alarm was sounding so the wife went downstairs and reset as normal with our code xxxx - reset

At 3:15 am it sounded but our code wouldnt work, ... nothing would so I had to get a screwdriver, gently pry off the cover and unscrew all the wires to get it to stop. Bear in mind this was 3:15 am pitch black lit by a small torch and worried sick it would wake up my little kids

Power is back on now but when I go thru the INSTALL manual what it says should happen doesnt

At power on and reconnect 12v line the is no warning tone ( the annoying one ) like there used to be. The keypad lights up and beeps like it should

After a 4 or 5 keypresses the button beep is a low one...not the normal one

I just had a look at the backup battery in the main box in the loft

It is at 13.2volts so seems ok, it is 5 years old or so

I metered each of the fuses in place and got 8volts at each end of each of them...if that helps

I work for Canon in a techninal role so Im a techy but need a bit of help with this please

Any help is appreciated

Mark

When you measured this voltage what was it reffered to? In other words if you put one meter probe on the fuse where did you put the other one.

I suspect your battery may be a bit iffy and could be dragging the power supply down.

Measure voltage across the aux outut terminals on the PCB, it should be 13v give or take.

If it is low try again with the battery disconnected but the mains connected. (obviously beware of mains voltages within the panel etc etc...)

I would try disconnecting the battery in the main panel, sounds like it's goosed, especially after a power cut and if your only getting 8 volts on the fuses (try measuring the voltage across the AUX terminals). Power down (be careful of mains voltages inside the panel), disconnect the battery, put it all together and power it back up mains only, enter your code and reset it

Trade Member

Many thanks all for your replies

I wrote the colours and the order down when I took them out...took a bit of disipline to do when stressed at 3:15 am

Will try tomorrow to power down etc

i would be concerned you havnt put the wires back correctly. Or the battery has damaged the charger etc. 8v is way to low.

Maybe disconnect everything but the keypad and see if it works then

They will hold a charge typically 12.5 VDC. Enough for the panel to see it and begin charging.

.... but they are supposed to be charged for a full 24hrs before use :kissblush:

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

I tried this and now all is well :P

Disconnect the battery, switch off mains, switch mains back on, after 8 seconds the keypad will start beeping. Enter your code AFTER it starts beeping. Reconnect battery, replace panel cover, reset.

Thanks everyone for their advice

Mark

Archived