Security Installer Community

New I-on 16 With Error Codes.

Hi there,

Just had a new Scantronic i-on 16 installed and have a few issues with it. The installers are great, but as it's the bank holiday weekend I thought I'd ask a couple of questions myself.

It has a smoke detector installed as zone 11 and every now and again I get the error message:

Supervisor fail Z11 and then Supervisor restore Z11.

This means I can't set the alarm. We've tried replacing the smoke and moving it from it's original Z10 to Z11 and I still ge the problem.

The other issue I see is an error message in the logs that says:

U00 Off-Site.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,

Roy.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sounds like resistor problem. call them back they should come back and fix it for free.

ehee sry its wireless

there is no resistors

might be signal problem or battery then

how did u managed to move it from Z10 to Z11 i think u need a engineer code for that and then delete it from z10 and then add to z11!! dont mess with that or they might say that its your fault.

sounds like resistor problem. call them back they should come back and fix it for free.

ehee sry its wireless

there is no resistors

might be signal problem or battery then

how did u managed to move it from Z10 to Z11 i think u need a engineer code for that and then delete it from z10 and then add to z11!! dont mess with that or they might say that its your fault.

I would hazard a guess to say signal strength ! Did they do a signal strength TEST ?

Bet if you move it a bit it would clear the fault. Moving this device would be best done by the company Not you.

U00 of site would be engineer off site, they have left engineering mode.

I must admit never fitted an Ion but it signal !

cheers

I would hazard a guess to say signal strength ! Did they do a signal strength TEST ?

Bet if you move it a bit it would clear the fault. Moving this device would be best done by the company Not you.

U00 of site would be engineer off site, they have left engineering mode.

I must admit never fitted an Ion but it signal !

cheers

The smoke is approx. 8 feet from the panel itself in the downstairs hall. I may move it to upstairs.

I did have to enter installer mode to move it to Z11, but as it was Friday night before the long weekend, they talked me through this procedure. I am a consulting engineer for Cisco, so am relatively technical, but don't mess with stuff I shouldn't be.

Strange, as all the other detectors are fine.

Roy.

As above, 00 in log means you have left engineering mode.

Try turning smoke upright ie as if mounted on wall so aerials (rx & tx) are in same plane, resiting also worth trying in case smoke fitted close to mains cables under floor.

You can check signal strenght as you have eng code. Anything above 4 will be fine, would expect 9 as only 8 metres away. Regardless of sig strenght, mains interference will cause issues.

It's on the ceiling on the ground floor, so no water tank close. There will be power cables in the ceiling for lighting, so could be close to this. I think tomorrow I'll add the detector back in and then move it upstairs and leave it lying on a bed for a while and see if it stays connected ok.

Roy.

Roy,

The I-on is a good panel and you should not be adding zones etc as ou have paid good money for the system to be installed.

Get the installer back to sort out the problem asap!

Yes, I've got a great installer and they are coming back to fix it. Very happy with the i-on 16 panel.

Just trying to see if there were some simple suggestions I could look at myself over the bank holiday.

Roy.

Yes, I've got a great installer and they are coming back to fix it. Very happy with the i-on 16 panel.

Just trying to see if there were some simple suggestions I could look at myself over the bank holiday.

Roy.

I hate to point this out, but any 'good' installer is available 24/7, that's one of the reasons you pay a service contract.

From another angle I will also say that you should not be 'playing' with the system in the way you describe, it's the responsibility of the installer to get this right, not you.

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Archived