Security Installer Community

Texecom Veritas Exel Alarm Panel Help Please

hi had an alarm fitted 3 years ago an texecom veritas exel alarm panel no problems but now want to install a Autodialler

ps i have fitted dialer in a alarm i fitted only a few months ago with your help no problem

on an Accenta Mini G4 Alarm Panel this is from memory but bought with your help on quality and what one to pick and installed in only a few hours inc drilling through 2 foot wall to get cable route !

back to the problem the installer of the alarm system has gone bust/or not there any more so and because i did one before want to install this as well

in the instruction manual of the dialer the alarm panel has to be power down on install we do know the user number but not the engineer number would this be a problem

from looking on line the texecom has a outputs for a dialer so should be only conecting cable from one to another

dialer that i will be using will be the Texecom Speech Dialler

any pointer and a bit of help with if i can get away with out reseting the alarm panal to get the engineer number would be great thanks

angel

Guest old-hand

Dependant on how it was programmed you may be able to do this yourself. Trouble is you will not know until you try it.

You could "hot Wire" the digi but if it is on engineer tamper reset you will be stuffed when you close the lid.

having read you post 3 or 4 times it is very hard to understand you so I'll assume your possibly bilingual ?

anyway regarding your last sentence: are you asking for the engineer code to the panel or a local engineers phone number?

C.

Guest old-hand
any pointer and a bit of help with if i can get away Without reseting the alarm panal to get the engineer number would be great thanks

angel

C hes not asked for a eng code.

Guest old-hand

If he/she wants to try and its not programmed right it will work. then time to think about it being installed properly.

If it is, he/she will still need an engineer.

Suck it and see time baby.

hi i know you can not supply the code for the panal but if i open the panel and the alarm will not stop because tamper on the box reqires the engineer code would i be stumped

i am an sparky by trade but tend to pass on alarms unless a friend or family member needs

and i know from past times one time i went in to place to work there are norm a reset for most panels with in the panel itself you just have to know the default codes

hi i know you can not supply the code for the panal but if i open the panel and the alarm will not stop because tamper on the box reqires the engineer code would i be stumped

i am an sparky by trade but tend to pass on alarms unless a friend or family member needs

and i know from past times one time i went in to place to work there are norm a reset for most panels with in the panel itself you just have to know the default codes

AGreed on panles that default. However some panels wont default the codes for security reasons, so it really does depend

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

its not as simple as that, id say maybe 50% of people lock panels in this way for different reasons. We dont currently lock but i can see why some do.

Again its unknown, if you want to be able to sue the guy that fitted it, if it dont work then its probable its locked, to protect himself etc.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

sorry you miss understand the guy that installed it done a very good job from my point but they went to see him and he had gone and as i had installed dialer before would have liked to do this as well should not be a very taxing job but do not want to leave someonce with out there alarm would rather say you will have to call some one in but would like to help them out if i can

with texecom they are good panels but not in the premier of the galaxy panels but are you able to say if the unit will default to factory setting inc the codes if i do a reset ? on this one

ps if this is not ok to say or if it brakes rules then just say sorry cant say

ps i am not asking money for this job just a faver

so will then have no other way than pay to have unit reset

i do not think that a person installing an alarm that would not protect his work

how meny of you guys would leave this open so any one can play not meny i would say

I think what everone who has replied is saying is that when you open the panel the alarm will sound, you will be able to silence it using a user code but it is possible that the panel has been programmed for engineer reset on tamper which means you will not be able to use the system again without an engineer code.

Another feature of this panel is the ability to lock the engineer code so even if you try to restore it to factory settings the engineer code will still be locked.

Personally I did used to lock engineer codes but I didn't enforce engineer reset on tamper.

Obviously it's impossible for us to say how the original installer programmed the system, he may have left it wide open, many do especially electricians who just fit the occasional alarm and who don't want to change the programming any more than needed from the factory defaults.

My advice would also be suck it and see, worst case you will have to get an engineer out but if you don't try you will have to get one to fit your dialler anyway.

i supose at worst case the panel are not expensive to replace and would be cheaper to intall a new panel than call out to fix as can use all other parts and then they will have the unit open for future add ons/ repairs

if call out and he fixes prob would lock or set hes code anyway and would beback at the same place but would have to pay for install of dialer at the same time

i supose at worst case the panel are not expensive to replace and would be cheaper to intall a new panel than call out to fix as can use all other parts and then they will have the unit open for future add ons/ repairs

if call out and he fixes prob would lock or set hes code anyway and would beback at the same place but would have to pay for install of dialer at the same time

I agree, as long as you are able to fit it yourself this would be cheaper than getting an engineer out and you get to keep control.

Get a replacemnt PCB and use your exisiting keypads etc

excel ranges from what 70 + vat upwards on the diymarket. 45 +vat upwards for a pro to check his system.

Not to forget the day or more for diyer to replace panel

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Excel PCB less than 24 quid inc vat (available to public)

Would the PCB only be obtained direct from Texecom - or do you have another wholesale/retail supplier in mind?

There's no substitute for experience .......... so all opinions welcome!

Archived