Security Installer Community

Relay Card

Lectrician

I am looking to install a relay card into a computer and then hopefully create a small password protected website which allows control of the relays.

I have also seen some ethernet modules which have use software to control the outputs. I would really like to create my own simple website though.

I am also looking to install a DVR inplace of a timelag VCR, and wonder if there is a DVR with relay outputs controllable via the web-software for the DVR?

Any info or links would creatly recieved.

Email : martin@askthetrades.co.uk

I am looking to install a relay card into a computer and then hopefully create a small password protected website which allows control of the relays.

I have also seen some ethernet modules which have use software to control the outputs. I would really like to create my own simple website though.

I am also looking to install a DVR inplace of a timelag VCR, and wonder if there is a DVR with relay outputs controllable via the web-software for the DVR?

Have a look at DVR365.com

It can do remote view/2 way intercom so it 'may' have this ability.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Dont do it.

Unless your really, really sure you can create a secure site, or the site will not control anything at all important...

If your struggling with relays, I would think your not going to be able to safely do this - you can do it, but please dont do it on anything life critical.

Dont do it.

Unless your really, really sure you can create a secure site, or the site will not control anything at all important...

If your struggling with relays, I would think your not going to be able to safely do this - you can do it, but please dont do it on anything life critical.

It's to be run over an 'internal network' using an IPsec VPN, so security of the actuall website is of little importance.

If i did open it up to web I would be using secure http (https), and already have the certificate for my domain through using MS Server 2003 with remote mail access.

Email : martin@askthetrades.co.uk

Have a look at this link, I found it interesting and it looks like some of the info would be useful to you.

http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/comm...hl=21st+century

Archived