Security Installer Community

Lg Phone System

We have a small business with three phone lines and a LKD-30D as the 'master' (excuse my terminology but i am not very communications-savvy!) We want to have a message played when more than three people call apologising for the delay, detailing the website etc, and also a message we can turn on and off when we are out of hours. The instuction manual seems massively over-complicated and I was wondering if anyone could assist. Many thanks

Sounds like you have a simple GDK-16 system or the 34 possibly.

You have 3 lines coming into the system, and this suggests PSTN.

If you have three callers calling into your system all three lines will then be in use. Engaged tone will be presented to any additional callers FROM THE TELEPHONE EXCHANGE (not your system).

You cannot play a courtesy message to an engaged line.

When you here these type of messages when calling call centers, this is because the call centers typically have more incoming trunk lines than they do operators. The reason they do this is because a call on hold or in a que is better than a caller going to another company!

It is not normally viable for smaller companies to rent additional trunk lines to allow users to que.

In any case, the GDK-16 has no voicemail or courtesy type greetings available weather you have spare line capacity or not.

Sorry!

If you want this sort of thing badly, you need to look at upgrading to ISDN lines (giving you 6 lines instead of your current 3), and changing your system for one that can accomodate your needs.

Email : martin@askthetrades.co.uk

Archived