Security Installer Community

Bt Versatility With Auto Attendant

ryanjustin

Hi,

Can anyone please tell me if it's possible to do this:

We have a BT Versatility system with auto attendant, when the greeting is played there is a long pause then you hear a tone similar to an engaged tone - i've since been told it's the ring tone... lol

Is it possible to change this to external music on hold? I have it installed already but only plays when we answer calls and place them on hold, not after the auto attendant message... please help...

Hi,

Can anyone please tell me if it's possible to do this:

We have a BT Versatility system with auto attendant, when the greeting is played there is a long pause then you hear a tone similar to an engaged tone - i've since been told it's the ring tone... lol

Is it possible to change this to external music on hold? I have it installed already but only plays when we answer calls and place them on hold, not after the auto attendant message... please help...

Once the autoattendent has played the message and the pilot number or extension entered by the caller, the caller is transfered and the ring tone will be presented to the line. This is what you describe.

If you have the courtesy service enabled this will allow the background music to be played instead of the ringing after a preset delay (which can be zero). I am not sure if this works with the auto attendent though, and I have no system on the test bench to be able to check this. Perhaps you could try enabling the courtesy service, and setting the courtesy service timer to 1 or 2 seconds?

See what happens! I have not programmed advanced features on a versatility for a couple months, so am a little rusty with regards this. What version of the firmware do you have? Are you using single digit auto attendent or just extension redirect auto attendent (ie press '1' for sales, '2' for accounts or 'dial the extension number you wish to contact')?

Email : martin@askthetrades.co.uk

Once the autoattendent has played the message and the pilot number or extension entered by the caller, the caller is transfered and the ring tone will be presented to the line. This is what you describe.

If you have the courtesy service enabled this will allow the background music to be played instead of the ringing after a preset delay (which can be zero). I am not sure if this works with the auto attendent though, and I have no system on the test bench to be able to check this. Perhaps you could try enabling the courtesy service, and setting the courtesy service timer to 1 or 2 seconds?

See what happens! I have not programmed advanced features on a versatility for a couple months, so am a little rusty with regards this. What version of the firmware do you have? Are you using single digit auto attendent or just extension redirect auto attendent (ie press '1' for sales, '2' for accounts or 'dial the extension number you wish to contact')?

Thank you for this.. I will try it out tomorrow!

At the moment we use it as a means to hold calls, but with no options. We're a small office and don't think we need it currently, though it might be good to filter calls?? :unsure:

Thank you for this.. I will try it out tomorrow!

At the moment we use it as a means to hold calls, but with no options. We're a small office and don't think we need it currently, though it might be good to filter calls?? :unsure:

If you are only using it to stall calls before they are answered, turn off the auto attendent and enable just courtesy service on the line. Set the courtesy timer to what you want.

When someone rings they will hear a ring tone and your phones programmed to ring will ring. Depending on your courtesy delay, the system will answer the call and play the courtesy greeting (built in or your recorded one). While this courtesy greeting is played your phones carry on ringing. The courtesy greeting is followed by music on hold (internal system music or your CD player etc) and is interspersed with the same greeting every so often.

The greeting you would typically record is "Thankyou for calling xxx, all our sales team are busy on other calls at the moment, we are aware of your call and will put you through as soon as possible. Your call is important to us".

It sounds like this is more what you are after.

Email : martin@askthetrades.co.uk

If you are only using it to stall calls before they are answered, turn off the auto attendent and enable just courtesy service on the line. Set the courtesy timer to what you want.

When someone rings they will hear a ring tone and your phones programmed to ring will ring. Depending on your courtesy delay, the system will answer the call and play the courtesy greeting (built in or your recorded one). While this courtesy greeting is played your phones carry on ringing. The courtesy greeting is followed by music on hold (internal system music or your CD player etc) and is interspersed with the same greeting every so often.

The greeting you would typically record is "Thankyou for calling xxx, all our sales team are busy on other calls at the moment, we are aware of your call and will put you through as soon as possible. Your call is important to us".

It sounds like this is more what you are after.

A huge thank you! I've configured the system with your help and it's working great!

A million thank yous!

Archived