Security Installer Community

Acet Intercom Wiring Help!

Hi I recently purchased an Acet Pulsar 2-way intercom from Screwfix. A wiring diagram came with the item, but it doesn't correspond with the handset... unless i'm being really dumb. I've really scratched my head with this :o(

On the internal handset i have the following terminals:

1. BT (from the circuit board i can see this is for the door button)

2. BT (from the circuit board i can see this is for the door button)

3. BUZZER

4. - no terminal

5. GND

6. AUDIO

7. INT

On the external buzzer i have the following terminals:

1. RE

2. GROUND 0V

3. ME

4. AC IN

5. AC IN

6. T1

7. T2

What i know... Power goes in on 4 & 5 On the external buzzer, but i haven't got a clue what the other abbreviations mean, except for 2 GROUND 0V.

But the wiring diagram that comes with it says i should connect 3. ME to terminal 4 on teh handset even though there is no terminal there?? so that confused me for starters. So now i'm just trying to tally up the abbreviations to see what goes where.

Any ideas from anyone would be very greatly appreciated.

Many thanks Anton

Hi I recently purchased an Acet Pulsar 2-way intercom from Screwfix. A wiring diagram came with the item, but it doesn't correspond with the handset... unless i'm being really dumb. I've really scratched my head with this :o(

3. BUZZER

4. - no terminal

5. GND

6. AUDIO

7. INT

1. RE

2. GROUND 0V

3. ME

4. AC IN

5. AC IN

6. T1

7. T2

What i know... Power goes in on 4 & 5 On the external buzzer, but i haven't got a clue what the other abbreviations mean, except for 2 GROUND 0V.

But the wiring diagram that comes with it says i should connect 3. ME to terminal 4 on teh handset even though there is no terminal there?? so that confused me for starters. So now i'm just trying to tally up the abbreviations to see what goes where.

Many thanks Anton

I haven't got any Acet diagrams here but don't worry about a 'missing' terminal, it normally means a phone with another function (like mute with led) can be used.

Do you have connection details for the other terminals or a diagram, post it up here if you can't sort it and me/someone will try to help.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

3. BUZZER

4. - no terminal

5. GND

6. AUDIO

7. INT

1. RE

2. GROUND 0V

3. ME

4. AC IN

5. AC IN

6. T1

7. T2

Many thanks Anton

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Amateur Radio Forum

I haven't got any Acet diagrams here but don't worry about a 'missing' terminal, it normally means a phone with another function (like mute with led) can be used.

Do you have connection details for the other terminals or a diagram, post it up here if you can't sort it and me/someone will try to help.

Thanks for the help, please see the wire diagram supplied with the unit, and a photo of the terminals for the indoor handset.

Please note i'm not using an electric lock with this unit (so you would of thought it would of been easier for me??)

Thanks again, Anton

post-26802-1238751223_thumb.jpg

post-26802-1238751229_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the help, please see the wire diagram supplied with the unit, and a photo of the terminals for the indoor handset.

Please note i'm not using an electric lock with this unit (so you would of thought it would of been easier for me??)

Thanks again, Anton

I see what you mean, GND is marked on both so connect that, 1 down 4 to go.

I think BT is lock release/porter call so ignore that.

You should be able to find buzzer on the intercom unit by using a multimeter, connect one probe to GND and probe the other terminals [while pushing the call button] until you find it.

That will leave two wires that should both be audio, there is a 50/50 chance of getting them right or swap them around if not.

Hopefully that will help unless there is a Acet expert on here soon or someone with more knowledge on the subject.

My Amateur Radio Forum

Guest old-hand

Call line is 3

6&7 are audio in and out

Gnd is the common negative.

Christ I hate this cheap tat.

Think that is right, if not play with the audio switching it around wont hurt it. Good test is to "blow" into the handset and listen for the feed back.Sounds silly but its what we do if fixing a system when alone.

Ever tried to call yaself from the entrance panel and listen for a handset to ring on the 17th floor ....................................

Call line is 3

6&7 are audio in and out

Think that is right, if not play with the audio switching it around wont hurt it. Good test is to "blow" into the handset and listen for the feed back.Sounds silly but its what we do if fixing a system when alone.

Ever tried to call yaself from the entrance panel and listen for a handset to ring on the 17th floor ....................................

Great thanks for the help guys for the handset terminals, but any idea for the terminal connections on the intercom main unit are, ie we know ground goes to ground, but what would connections do i connect to (3) call line & (6 & 7) audio in and out from the intercom main unit. ie what is T2, T1, ME & RE (see wire diagram).... Ground and AC IN i can work :o)

Much appreciate your help, Anton

Great thanks for the help guys for the handset terminals, but any idea for the terminal connections on the intercom main unit are, ie we know ground goes to ground, but what would connections do i connect to (3) call line & (6 & 7) audio in and out from the intercom main unit. ie what is T2, T1, ME & RE (see wire diagram).... Ground and AC IN i can work :o)

Much appreciate your help, Anton

I see what you mean, GND is marked on both so connect that, 1 down 4 to go.

I think BT is lock release/porter call so ignore that.

You should be able to find buzzer on the intercom unit by using a multimeter, connect one probe to GND and probe the other terminals [while pushing the call button] until you find it. Then take it to the terminal marked buzzer on the phone....

That will leave two wires that should both be audio, there is a 50/50 chance of getting them right or swap them around if not.

Hopefully that will help unless there is a Acet expert on here soon or someone with more knowledge on the subject.

Look at the connections that are used between the phone and the intercom, several are easy, AC and GND, one can be found with a multimeter as explained and the two remaining wires shown on the intercom as being used will be audio which go to the two remaining terminals in the phone.

Connect what you know then follow the instructions and it should work.

There is little to damage as it's all AC by the look of it.

:rolleyes:

My Amateur Radio Forum

Call line is 3

6&7 are audio in and out

Even better when the leads are not marked up right............and theres one ringing .......'somewhere' :bruce_h4h:

Even better when the leads are not marked up right............and theres one ringing .......'somewhere' :bruce_h4h:

I always pick up the handset and press door release, you prove the audio up works, I then use my PMR446 radio with the call tone to prove audio the other way.

Much easier with two of you!

My Amateur Radio Forum

I always pick up the handset and press door release, you prove the audio up works, I then use my PMR446 radio with the call tone to prove audio the other way.

Much easier with two of you!

You usually can tell if you have audio into the handset just by listening for birds, traffic etc, blow into the mouthpiece to hear it comng back. unless its distorted or something, your sorted.

A radio would probably get nicked at half the blocks we do. if there are 2 of you, ones best left to guard the car.

Biggest problems trying to get tennants to be home, usually best to call on 'giro day'

Tell you what drives me round the bend, you say to resident in flat "right ill just buzz you , just answer and speak to me to assertain that you can hear me and i can hear you ,and then press the door release button when i ask you"

so you buzz the flat and what's the first thing they do ........yep press the door release . :ranting:

The best way to tell you've got two way audio if you're by yourself is to blow into the mic on the handset, you can tell if all is ok coz you get a sort of echoey noise .

Its called sidetone and is generated by the handset itself, so wouldnt prove audio to the door station. (sidetone to stop people thinking phone dead, also stop people shouting!)

If on my own I leave telly/radio on in flat then go down to door.

Only foolproof way is to take someone with you (unless that someone is a fool :))

Its called sidetone and is generated by the handset itself, so wouldnt prove audio to the door station. (sidetone to stop people thinking phone dead, also stop people shouting!)

If on my own I leave telly/radio on in flat then go down to door.

Only foolproof way is to take someone with you (unless that someone is a fool :))

Know what you mean, but with your usual mickey mouse 5 wire system, the mic on the door station picks up the noise from the speaker, you can hear an AC strik buzz as well.

Know what you mean, but with your usual mickey mouse 5 wire system, the mic on the door station picks up the noise from the speaker, you can hear an AC strik buzz as well.

Yer. And that way prove audio to hand set (hear buzzer). Telly on proves other way.

Archived