mlcinfl

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Test?

Easy.

I run a G3-144 as you know.

Every other day enter "engineers" .

Text comesback + or - with name allocated.

like I said this is the most reliable I have used.

• 1 month later...

Im having problems with sms on com 2400. Ive been told that the com2400 only works with analogue bt line not digital. Is this right??

Are you texting to a landline? If so try calling 08005875252 from the landline to see if sms is setup (and between what times) as default is normally "morning to early evening".

Have you tried phoning BT to ask if Text is enabled on the outgoing line?

Is there noise on the telephone point thats after the filter? Faulty DSL filter?

Does disconnecting all the other phone equipment make a difference?

What other phone equipment is on the line?

SMS numbers are normally:- 07860 980480 (o2) or 07785 499993 (Voda) on Texecom stuff this is for 8N1 data protocol.

Check the option: Config > Dialling Options > Use 7E1 Data. is disabled (*) thus sending data as 8N1.

For modem level I would speak to technical first, but it's something like in Disabled press < then X.

Only tried this at one site. Plugged a COM2400 on to the panel which worked better, for some reason?

Im having problems with sms on com 2400. Ive been told that the com2400 only works with analogue bt line not digital. Is this right??

The COM2400 digimodems are suitable for connection to the following types of telephone line:

• Direct exchange lines (PSTN)

• PABX exchanges (with or without secondary proceed indication)

Archived