Security Installer Community

Texecom Remote Speech & Text Dialler

mlcinfl

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Or use a hardwired filter situated adjacent to existing BT point !!. :whistle:

Good point, thanks.

I already have a plug-in filter and spare extension box so I'll drop that in under the floor close to the dialler.

Hope this does the trick.

It's taken a few days to get around to but I've installed the DSL filter.

Guess what? Still refuses to send text messages. I get the modem noise but after around 30 secs it tells me that the message could not be sent.

I guess I'll start from scratch and set up the unit again and see what happens.

• 1 month later...
It's taken a few days to get around to but I've installed the DSL filter.

Guess what? Still refuses to send text messages. I get the modem noise but after around 30 secs it tells me that the message could not be sent.

I guess I'll start from scratch and set up the unit again and see what happens.

Hi mlcinfl

I have the same problem. Did you manage to resolve it?

I have filters installed but still have the problem.

• 1 year later...

Hi Folks

I have done all the recommendations listed. No change when Dsl filter was fitted. Tried numerous sms centre nos. Conclusion sms is unreliable and works on odd occasion only. landline supports sms no problem when I run tests. Anyone got further details on raising the modem volume on Texecom voice dialler with sms? Did hat work for you?

I cant remember how to adjust modem level, it is a menu accessible only after power up IIRC, I would have to call Tech Support myself to be reminded.

I assume you have a router for you're ADSL so your broadband is 'always on'.

Try downpowering the router and see if the sms works then, if it does then modem levels may be your answer but you will have to call Texecom tech Support

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Are you texting to a landline? If so try calling 08005875252 from the landline to see if sms is setup (and between what times) as default is normally "morning to early evening".

Have you tried phoning BT to ask if Text is enabled on the outgoing line?

Is there noise on the telephone point thats after the filter? Faulty DSL filter?

Does disconnecting all the other phone equipment make a difference?

What other phone equipment is on the line?

SMS numbers are normally:- 07860 980480 (o2) or 07785 499993 (Voda) on Texecom stuff this is for 8N1 data protocol.

Check the option: Config > Dialling Options > Use 7E1 Data. is disabled (*) thus sending data as 8N1.

For modem level I would speak to technical first, but it's something like in Disabled press < then X.

Only tried this at one site. Plugged a COM2400 on to the panel which worked better, for some reason?

I fitted 2 com2400's last week, used sms with default settings, tested them loads due to posts on here.

Had no problems at all.

Think any issues with the sms number have been sorted.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Archived