Alarm systems choices for  

40 members have voted

1. 1. which of the following you'd recommend

• Gardtec 595 + GTX wireless
    • Honeywell Galaxy G2-20
    • Scantronic Homelink 55 + SD2 dialer
    • Another system like Visonic Powermax + or io-16

Hello everyone

Need you vote to help me decide which of the above suits my needs best (COST ASIDE)

Need to upgrade my old system with a new one with the following features:

1- PD6662 compliant, suitable for police response (if needed), so need to have a digicom built in.

2- Able to notify me via SMS when unset by my son & parents.

3- Hybrid (to use existing wired sensors & contacts but add 1 additional wireless PIR AND a smoke detector).

4- Prox keypad for ease of use for parents & son

5- Reliable (looking for a problem free system) - I know this is subjective

6- Easy user interface (set/unset certain zones, add/remove users)

7- A professional system - not a DIY as it will be professionally installed & maintained.

The above 3 systems are offered by my local professional installers (SSAIB & NSI approved), and seems to be the most popular in the market.

Your assistance, advice and guidance which I received so far have been of great use, so big thanks to you guys for all your help.

Guest old-hand
Chill mate

I was going to suggest I quoted for your system requirements, as you are local to myself. However self advertising isnt the norm here.

It does seem whatever I would suggest would not be adequate in your own world. So I`ll chill and not respond any more.

You have had the time and good advice of many here, yet continually question our items of choice. We have narrowed down your options and recommended equipment, then you ask us to vote a poll.............

Bye

I was going to suggest I quoted for your system requirements, as you are local to myself. However self advertising isnt the norm here.

It does seem whatever I would suggest would not be adequate in your own world. So I`ll chill and not respond any more.

You have had the time and good advice of many here, yet continually question our items of choice. We have narrowed down your options and recommended equipment, then you ask us to vote a poll.............

Bye

I appreciate all the help I have received so far, as mentioned in my original post; including your advice. I simply felt (after i submitted my other post) that a poll is a much better way of gauging people's opinion, without asking them to write anything.

Frankly, I'm surprised at your attack, for I see no reason for it :question: Temper temper my friend...

But glad you've decided to chill ;)

Peace

Hello, Can cables not be run to the additional pir and smoke detector?

djrock

Ofcourse, but why run cables and redecorate if a wireless PIR & detector will cost the same and do the job. Plus, it has the potential to add more detectors in the future.

Also, if you move house you can easily take it with you (If necessary). Also makes it easier to relocate the detectors to another location if you need to.

We would fit Menvier (coopers ) M 600 or 9853 scantronic but if you can only get your listed panels go with the galaxy

www.AllanMoncrieffAlarms.com

Guest old-hand

The Scantronic 9853EN is a fully programmable, 16 zone (2- wire FSL) security panel designed to conform to PD6662:2004 Grade 3 system requirements.

The panel includes an integral dialler modem that can communicate any alarm activation or service information to an Alarm Receiving Centre.

Expandable up to 40 zones using wired or 868MHz narrowband wire-free expanders, the 9853EN provides flexibility whatever your security requirements. Wire-free expanders eliminate the need for complex wiring further minimising disruption to your d

Archived