Security Installer Community

Arc Question?

kazaam

I have had an alarm fitted. The company says that even if the intruder dials a number on the phone, they will still receive the signal because of the filter. Is this possible? I just want to make sure that this can happen. My broadband is always connected as I have a router.

If there is a filter fitted then the broadband wont be a problem. If your installer has wired the panel for 'line sieze' then picking up a phone wont be a problem, if its not wired for 'line sieze' then it cant dial out if the line is in use.

The above assumes you have a digital communicator fitted, if you have Redcare or Dualcom there will be no problem even if not wired for 'line sieze'.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

If there is a filter fitted then the broadband wont be a problem. If your installer has wired the panel for 'line sieze' then picking up a phone wont be a problem, if its not wired for 'line sieze' then it cant dial out if the line is in use.

The above assumes you have a digital communicator fitted, if you have Redcare or Dualcom there will be no problem even if not wired for 'line sieze'.

I would like to know if most security companies use this "line seize". The guy said that it will signal the ARC even if a number is used, so I am sure he was telling the truth. So is "line zeize" common in homes?

And my system is grade 2, is this typial for homes?

Guest old-hand
What comms have you got? Line sieze is the correct way of fitting even for speach diallers.

Line seize will only get the line from an outgoing call, an incoming not hung up will "choke" the line!

Do you mean if the intruder was to try and ring into your home phone?

Depends on the signalling device to be honest. It should say on the paperwork you have recieved for the system.

My system is only connected through the phone line, i don't have a GPS radio communicator thing. Now, what I mean is if an inruder was to enter the house, then dial a number (thinking it will stop the ARC from being notified the alarm has been activated), would the signal still reach the ARC?

if it has been wired directly onto the shared line and not through the panel then no, doing that could stop it dialling.

Ideally your alarm should be on a dedicated line. If not it should be wired through the alarm.

If high risk then a digi isnt suitable anyway.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived