Security Installer Community

Csl Dualcom Issues

rustythe1

hello everyone, i am new to posting in the forum but i have looked up problems here befor, and not sure if this is the right subforum,

here at the company i work for we have just had a problem arise with the csl dualcom (red gprs one with the ip add on card) we have now had 4 in a row that will not comunicate over pstn, we have been on with csl support but all they can come back with is that broadband or somthing is currupting the data,

but we have bench tested in our office on clean lines with the same results, all the gsm signals go through, then the pstn, you get th c1 c2 c3 A to show the signals go through, but nothing from the monitoring station, i cant belive this is 4 faulty products, and its not a problem with the details programed into the digi as we can view that with the programing utility, has anyone else come accross this

note, we found that when we did a test all paths the monitoring station still recived 3 results, but we then found the units are sending the gsm test twice, so if you had not asked the monitoring station to confirm the reciveing paths you probably would not spot the problem straight away

will be greatful for any help as a bunch of us soon wont have anymore hair to pull out!

forgot to add the 4 units were bought over a period of 2 months and for differnt sites so the same proble affects them all, we have only installed about 15 or so of the gprs models so far so that would be a large percentage of faulty if it was the units, but somany people swear by them i dont think this is the case

Have not experienced any problems setting up the Dualcom GPRS units, probably the easiest signalling system to setup IMO. Things that can affect the telephone transmission would include the need for a broadband filter, an access code needed for gaining an outside line, e.g. '9' or an otherwise incorrect telephone number being programmed into the unit.

Do you not have an installer looking after your system or are you an installer?

i am an installer, one of the suppervisory comissioning engineers and usually really good at fault finding, and if not csl would usually give good support,

you are right i much prefer the set up of these units over redcare gsm, these ar so easy,

it almost seems this problem has to be with the phone line but we have tried several different phone lines,on our site and the 4 sites we installed them on (another benifit over redcare!)as i said it dose seem to see the pc at the other end as you get the A at the end of the pstn transmission but nothing is recieved? im just wondering if this could be a problem with bt itself, line tests etc are all fine but i thought i would start a post incase its a new problem and more and more people find it as well,as i said above its not apparent there is a problem unless you are quite rigorus at comissioning, and as the csl uses gsm as its primary path unlike the redcare it may not be picked up for sometime or if ever

I would also check with your ARC to ensure that everything is properly setup at their end - wouldn't be the first time an ARC had messed up!

Can you listen in on a test phone when you make the test transmissions?

yep, checked all that, you can here it connect the other end, but thier system dose not even log the incoming call, also have tested it direct to csl, the dont get anything but refuse to belive its the unit itself (4 of them) we are haing a visit from them next week so i think i may not find an answer till then, by all means keep posting suggestions, if it dose not get solved before i will post a fix if he can fix it,

as far as i am aware the one on our office is a direct line with no voip, two of the jobs did have broadband, i did wonder about the 21cn adn voip even though the csl is supposed to be compatible i found a document somewhere that sort of said that even if you didnt have voip on site you could still get affected if the local exchange had a high number of voip conections, dont know how true that is and i have not found anything else to do with it(unfortunatly lost the page and cant remember how i got there)

also for got to mention befor, the alarm panels (castle euro one) have downloading which works fine, and we have removed and just had the csl on its own but we have never had download issues in the past on shared lines

well it looks like all these units had different resolutions, the first, must have been a bt fault, after 5 days it suddenly started working on its own, the other two were the fault of the monitoring station, typical, basicly they were routing the calls to the wrong reciver number so although it was being acknolged it didnt show up on thier system, but im glad to say its not the units faults,

well it looks like all these units had different resolutions, the first, must have been a bt fault, after 5 days it suddenly started working on its own, the other two were the fault of the monitoring station, typical, basicly they were routing the calls to the wrong reciver number so although it was being acknolged it didnt show up on thier system, but im glad to say its not the units faults,

BT Faults - they "never" happen do they.....

I mean who'd have thought that the ARC could erm have the unit call a "wrong number", of course that's "never happened before" .

Intruder / CCTV / Access Control Technical Support Personal

Subscriber to the "K.I.S.S" principle, that's Keep It Simple Stupid, are you?

lol Gopher - They should have signalled through to our arc then they would be ok ;)

Tbh - the Gemini platform used with Dualcom would mean that the ARC had indicated the receiver lines to use at the point of ordering the unit so the above should not have occured.

Maybe you need to look for a new ARC?

:)

Btw - your ARC should be able to tell you the source of all test signals received - on a standard Dualcom GPRS that would be at least 4 paths, GPRS1/GPRS2/GSM/PSTN or GPRS1/GPRS2/GSM/IP or however you prefer to configure the device.

If your ARC is not sure then they need to work out how to read the raw data received within their software applications.

I am glad to hear you have resolved the issue though tbh I would be pretty confident the CSL lads would get you sorted, they are all a good crowd.

p.s. - Rusty - it would have been received on their system - just not the correct account e.g. a default offset record. They ought have known to check for that possibility.

'J

btn_myprofile_160x33.png

• 1 month later...

find the dualcom gprs to be the most engineer friendly unit weve used in a long time,only issue weve ever had was the lan cards and that turned out to be the customers network,also if the display was getting to the letter A it was defo being received at the arc,where in the arc is another matter though :rolleyes:

Archived