Security Installer Community

Engineer Just Out Of Appreticeship

jamiecoyle

and old college of mine just out on his own was trying to put a 20mm hole in the top of a door for a magnet but could'nt fit his drill inbetween the celing and door.

so he borrowed a drill off the customer which was elbow shaped and that allowed him to get the spade drill bit in place to drill as he lent in face level with the drill bit and started to drill the drill bit skided accross the top of the door into his mouth.

blood alll over there newly painted hallway and a nerve ending rapped round the spade bit!

he was ok and very lucky it wasnt worse

shame he didnt know the old trick of a cut down shaft on the drill bit for such tasks lol

and old college of mine just out on his own was trying to put a 20mm hole in the top of a door for a magnet but could'nt fit his drill inbetween the celing and door.

so he borrowed a drill off the customer which was elbow shaped and that allowed him to get the spade drill bit in place to drill as he lent in face level with the drill bit and started to drill the drill bit skided accross the top of the door into his mouth.

blood alll over there newly painted hallway and a nerve ending rapped round the spade bit!

shame he didnt know the old trick of a cut down shaft on the drill bit for such tasks lol

Or take the door off.

Thats going to haunt me for days, I'm still shuddering at the thought.

Archived