Security Installer Community

Response Sa5 Control Panel Frozen

Bluenikky68

Hi there (newbie here I'm afraid!)

Have an SA5 and got in tonight to find it all lit up like a belated Xmas tree, but can't get it to do anything! Typically, I get this on a Friday, an hour after the Response support lines close for the weekend!

Alarm has not been armed (or touched) for the last few days, yet tonight it shows:

Power light lit red

Alarm status lit green

Alarm Mem/ Message lit red

Keypad all illuminated

Message panel only illuminated on "listen (4); see below.

I can't ESC out or ENTER; the keypad only lights and beeps when I press "listen" (4), but still no reaction from anything. The keyboard is now permanently lit, though the text backlight comes on with "listen" then goes off as normal. I've phoned in remotely and checked status, which is still indicating "disarmed", but nothing else. I've also tried arming and dis-arming with the remote fob, but seems to have no effect. Can't find anything relevant on Google or the forum search. As I live in an apartment block, I really don't need the alarm triggering in the middle of the night!!! I know that no buttons have been 'inadvertently' pressed.

Does anybody have any ideas how to resolve this and what may have caused it? ...... Pleeeeze and thank you!!

Nik

Have tried that already, but as back-up battery is in, makes no difference; I get the expected flashing power light, which goes steady again once I switch power back on!

Am loathe to "bin it" as less than 2 years old and this is the first problem with a system that is not cheap! Maybe this is the wrong forum/ site for self-installed systems? Please let me know if so.

Thanks, Nik

Thanks for that - will keep fingers crossed tonight and try that tomorrow at a more sociable hour! As you can imagine, I'll have the problem of alarm going off anyway, as cannot switch it to test mode at the moment, so the tamper will kick in! Ouch!! I guess that this is not a 'known' issue with these systems? Will keep the link updated ....

Nik

Have tried that already, but as back-up battery is in, makes no difference; I get the expected flashing power light, which goes steady again once I switch power back on!

Am loathe to "bin it" as less than 2 years old and this is the first problem with a system that is not cheap! Maybe this is the wrong forum/ site for self-installed systems? Please let me know if so.

Thanks, Nik

Tbh nik have you tested the zones since the system has been installed? The system is not cheap but when i bought my mower from B&Q it was not cheap either but i still got around 2 years out of it and had to buy a new one from a grass machinery company that gets serviced every year. 4 years on and still goes like a dream.

You should be able to put a panel on test when you wand as engineer has access to all areas.

!

OP one of the issues is as pro installers the bulk of us will be replacing these things not working on them so have little useful knowledge of them

they are not pro systems nor designed as such.

im sure that being easy to install is high up on the feature list..... the stuff we use does not have that as a priority, security and reliability etc feature way higher than that. Sorry,

James

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Well, I managed to get it all powered off without the tamper alarm sounding too many times, as fortunately the remote fob worked though the keypad wouldn't. Same problem happening on power up, so tried a factory reset, but same thing. I'll see what Response say on Monday, but guess I'll be binning it after all! :ranting:

Thanks to you all for the help and advice though! I'll get one of you in to install the next one! LOL.

Archived