Security Installer Community

Gardtec 800 Series

I have had several power cuts over last few days - now my alarm system is not working so can anyone help me with suggestions as what to do - is it something I can fix or do I need an engineer? I have checked the fuses in the control box and they seem to be okay What else can I check?. If I have to have an engineer is there a local Gardtec one that can be recommended. I live in Sutton Coldfield area West Midlands.

Any help would be much appreciated

Ray

I have had several power cuts over last few days - now my alarm system is not working so can anyone help me with suggestions as what to do - is it something I can fix or do I need an engineer? I have checked the fuses in the control box and they seem to be okay What else can I check?. If I have to have an engineer is there a local Gardtec one that can be recommended. I live in Sutton Coldfield area West Midlands.

Any help would be much appreciated

Ray

Can you be more specific re: the problem?

What is it doing/not doing and what does the display on the keypad display?

Powering the system down completely (mains and battery) might restore things but sounds like you may need a new battery.

After a power cut the display will show "Power cut Fault Check!" you then need to enter a valid user code twice to elicit a response. I'm sure you will have done that but thought I'd mention it. I've had hundreds of calls from 800 series users with the problem (you would think most people would try the code a second time :)

Archived