Security Installer Community

Orange

ZodiacSecurity

i was with Orange from the days it was Hutchinson Telecom at Hertford, but finally got fed up with dropped signalsand no service in NW7 and SE14.

i've been with T-Mobile for about 3 years now, and imo they have been totally superb in every respects.

obviously, i can't say for your local if it will be as good as i find it in london on T-Mobile, suggest you do as i did, bought some cheap payg sim cards and tried them out for a few weeks before commiting to a contract.

on Orange you accessed your VM, any new messages you had to press the '1' key, but not with T-Mobile it simply plays them - and why not?

small issue maybe, but one i really like when driving or when i'm out and about on the scooter :yes: simply say 'voicemail' and no further actions requierd

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

I was with T-mobile and over all the coverage was cack.

Now back with O2 and no problems.

Have been with them all over the years and have found only Voda and O2 any good.

I was with 02 for 7 years and the last couple had nightmares with them so i went to t-mobile and have had excellent service even though we have had problems with the new blackberry handsets they have sorted it out instantly........ BT is another story, i wouldnt p*ss on them if they was on fire. It took them 4-5 weeks to connect 2 x aux lines onto the main number (20 mins work at the exchange) shower of //.B.W.F.//................

Lee Sutton

E-Mail: leesutton@centurianfire.co.uk

Phone: 0845 094 9870

CENTURIAN FIRE & SECURITY (part of centurian group limited)

odd really, they all claim 98% national coverage, yet we all have different experiences over on each service regarding it's coverage.

when i complained to Orange about low and lost signals, i was told the local tower could have been full, so i was still logged on to a more distant mast, travelling then caused it to dropp out.

same 'plausable' explanation with two identical handsets side by side on Orange, one had full signal the other near nada and it was not always the same handset with low signal in this test.

so if what they said was actually true, while claiming 98% coverage meant - but 10 phones at any one time trafic limit in far to many places :ranting: the rep did not have the glib answer to that.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

The Vodafone Orange network integration is well behind schedule, it will only apply to 3g sites so you will only benefit if you have a suitable handset, but hey where is the good old Orange, Line 2, Wildfire, Everyday 50 etc etc

Never had any problem with Orange apart from sometimes when inside getting no signal but that was due to building construction - power was all in conduit or at work metal roof and in a slight dip.

It all depends on where you are really it's mainly in buildings I have an issue but then again it's an old 3210 that's been dropped a more than a few times.

I think sometimes if your trying to connect as normal, GPRS, GSM , EDGE, 3G etc.

It's most often range and weather has a lot to do with it as well.

Intruder / CCTV / Access Control Technical Support Personal

Subscriber to the "K.I.S.S" principle, that's Keep It Simple Stupid, are you?

I was with T-mobile and over all the coverage was cack.

Now back with O2 and no problems.

Have been with them all over the years and have found only Voda and O2 any good.

I had 4 Handsets on a T mobile account, absolute rubbish outside large cities.

The coverage was so bad that, to their credit, they let me put of the contract.

Went back to orange.........not perfect but best of a bad bunch IMO.

we were with orange for many years.Very happy with them, only left cos of their data packages being poor.

Also 3g coverage was poor and vodafone did a similar deal for approx 40% of the orange cost.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived