Security Installer Community

Skype On Blackberry 8310

steve8989

What do you mean by slow, the software slower than you'd expected? It also depends on what "network" your transferring the data over how quick it will go and the software speed depends on how it's been implimented as well i.e is it running using a java implimentation or is it running on windows, this affects the speed of the software.

I use it on my main pc and it's fast enough but then again that is in to broadband and it's a fairly fast PC.

Intruder / CCTV / Access Control Technical Support Personal

Subscriber to the "K.I.S.S" principle, that's Keep It Simple Stupid, are you?

What do you mean by slow, the software slower than you'd expected? It also depends on what "network" your transferring the data over how quick it will go and the software speed depends on how it's been implimented as well i.e is it running using a java implimentation or is it running on windows, this affects the speed of the software.

I use it on my main pc and it's fast enough but then again that is in to broadband and it's a fairly fast PC.

No I meant I run Skype on my phone (blackberry 8310) the program is called iscoot but I dont know if its suppose to run so slow. I run on GPRS so I know that can be a bit slugish.

Any ideas?

id say gprs is too slow for voip, gprs is similar in speed to old modems, ie 56k, edge will help, but id say voip was a 3g only affair

Yeah I believe Skype VoIP needs a 64kbit data channel to work effectivly, sure it tells you somewhere on the main site what the bandwidth requirements are.

Intruder / CCTV / Access Control Technical Support Personal

Subscriber to the "K.I.S.S" principle, that's Keep It Simple Stupid, are you?

Archived