Security Installer Community

White Noise / Disorientating Siren

jontawn

Help!! ;)

We've specified a white noise generator on a quote i've put together, however, the only item i can find which remotely comes close to it is this badboy: http://klaxonsignals.com/productDetails.as...p;categoryID=50

But I wondered if anyone out there had any further suggestions for something which would be equal in terms of that disorientating / white noise style?

it needs to be "effing loud" (quoted from the customer!) ;)

cheers fella's,

Jonathan.

Guest anguscanplay

did you not think to check it even existed before you sold it .................... ? go back and tell your customer you`ve made a mistake.

That is the white noise generator.

I fitted loads of them in small super markets while working for a national co.

They are very loud, like about 10 sound bomb II's going at once.

Hi Whistle,

I dont suppose whether you know if there are any alternatives available, other than the klaxon unit?

merely thinking of the price ;)

cheers,

jt ;)

That is the white noise generator.

I fitted loads of them in small super markets while working for a national co.

They are very loud, like about 10 sound bomb II's going at once.

Guest anguscanplay
Help!! ;)

We've specified a white noise generator on a quote i've put together, however, the only item i can find which remotely comes close to it is this badboy: http://klaxonsignals.com/productDetails.as...p;categoryID=50

But I wondered if anyone out there had any further suggestions for something which would be equal in terms of that disorientating / white noise style?

it needs to be "effing loud" (quoted from the customer!) ;)

cheers fella's,

Jonathan.

It does exsist! - see above!

I just wondered whether there were any alternatives!?

JT ;)

Hi Whistle,

I dont suppose whether you know if there are any alternatives available, other than the klaxon unit?

merely thinking of the price ;)

cheers,

jt ;)

hang on, you`ve specified a piece of kit but can only find something that"comes close" and then you need to shop around because you can`t afford to supply that item.

the yeti exists too J.

either go back tell your customer you got it wrong or supply what you said, just put it down to experiance. But make sure your backs covered vis the legal aspect of using it.

Hi Bud,

Apologies, allow me to clarify.

We can supply this item (when it gets in stock) however, due to stock levels and me being a tight-ar$e, I wondered whether there was an alternative available (perhaps a bit cheaper too)

Its no worries if not ;) we'll just get that item ordered.

But surely that cant be the only one product in the world to perform the same task.... can it???

jt ;)

hang on, you`ve specified a piece of kit but can only find something that"comes close" and then you need to shop around because you can`t afford to supply that item.

the yeti exists too J.

either go back tell your customer you got it wrong or supply what you said, just put it down to experiance. But make sure your backs covered vis the legal aspect of using it.

ooooh ;) Morgan ... i dont suppose you've got pricing on that item do you?

i've added it/them to my list of people to call tomorrow!

Master Blaster? not familiar with those!?

Yeah, with it being 'up that lane' the idea is to have a siren/noise that would put any would-be intruder off, as it would be disorientating, whereas a siren could just be loud.

Its all cabled up now, I finally got that kit-room sorted out and the rack built, started comissioning but i'm going to re-do some of the wiring in the panel so it looks a bit tidier, there isnt much room in that gd96 enclosure now the network module and 17ah battery are in! ;)

had some issues with the bellbox too, the microswitches werent been activated when the cover was screwed on, a quick 'adjustment' to the angle of the metal lever and all now sorted ;)

i digress ;)

jt

Smokecloak can supply a whote noise siren that looks identical to that.

Yes mate, its a DG96.

We're only using the touch-screen, no fobs on this one. (for various reasons)

We had intentions of using grouping for the lads that also work onsite (not in the property, but in the outbuildings)

jt ;)

then got to get the network (remote monitoring / servicing .... so got to sort out a secure ip and a few other bits)

Galaxy 96??

There is a software problem with the groups and fobs = they dont work.

as with anything you need to consider any consequences, you fit this device and the intruder claims damages or worse an insocent person is subjected to this noise and claims hear defects caused?

they may or may not win the case but with legal eagle stuff do you really need the hassle?

i'd think about substituting with "smoke screen", fill's the place with white inert and safe smoke, so add some strobes and some reasonable sirens you have near guaranteed disorientation at far less risks, just be aware smoke detctors and air con units do not like the smoke ;)

Smoke Cloak run 1 day training courses - and well worth it just for the sandwiches imo

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

The intruder could trip over and hurt themselves as they cant see b*gger all in the smoke,and get some scum lawyer to sue also...

Guess everything has risks. Mind you, it would be nice to think a court would side on the side of the burgled rather than the burgler, but this is Great Britain so nope they would probably find the innocent party to be guilty of something.

Crazy the way things are.

Nearly bought a smoke cloak for next to nothing on ebay once, but changed my mind and stopped bidding once I researched and found out about the paperwork, notification, signage, legal requirements (making sure the emergency services are informed about it etc) to much hassle for me at the time.

Got to admit though, I love the idea of them though.

The intruder could trip over and hurt themselves as they cant see b*gger all in the smoke,and get some scum lawyer to sue also...

Guess everything has risks. Mind you, it would be nice to think a court would side on the side of the burgled rather than the burgler, but this is Great Britain so nope they would probably find the innocent party to be guilty of something.

Crazy the way things are.

Nearly bought a smoke cloak for next to nothing on ebay once, but changed my mind and stopped bidding once I researched and found out about the paperwork, notification, signage, legal requirements (making sure the emergency services are informed about it etc) to much hassle for me at the time.

Got to admit though, I love the idea of them though.

now used very extensively in big stores, and claimed to seriously have cut the losses on the smelly counter by some 80 percent.

they have demo footage of attempted raids, as soon as the thing triggered the fellons made their escape. all the hissing and flashing lights and boy they were out of there pronto.

if you go on the trainong day or ifsec they will demo the effects, reminded me of when i used to go paint balling with a really barmy team players which had over 90 members.

we hired an old WW2 underground bunker on a farm in essex, apparently constructed in case we were invaded. spectacular urban environment atmosphere. it still had all the ward room and table for the maps loads of tunnels very dark minmal lighting.

1st time we played it was with lights on, next time it played using torches strapped on our markers and all black uniforms sas style. last time we played somebody got hold of some army surplus orange distress flares and set them off, i can still taste that orange smoke :lol: but thats when the club tesm banned from the site by the owner :rolleyes: .

regs

alan

Galaxy 96??

There is a software problem with the groups and fobs = they dont work.

I don't know if there's a software problem or not but I do know of a solution.

If you're using a keyprox to set, for example, area 7 you need to go to

69=access control

1=max

3=max parameters

select keprox address

4=groups

1=alarm group

set it to group 7 and it will work

I've had the same problem and the above works on G3-96 and G3-520

For multiple groups or group choice, as long as you set the alarm group to one of the groups you're setting from that keyprox, it wil work.

BTW, hello again everyone...long time, no see!

If you don't know......ask.

many moons ago i attended an intruder alarm in the basement level of the antiques market in Isilngton, while there and before i could get my toolbox open the fire alarm tripped.

don't know what siren it was but i simply had to retreat due to the sheer noise it made, my skull and jaw bone were viabrating from the sound pressure, seriously painful experience.

might be down to reflected harmonics from the walls etc, like when you the SAB gets put on the board above a shop doorway, just seems to increase the noise level produced x 3 times

regs

alan

wb brian

You always needed to group the max independantly of the keypad as it is in effect a seperate device built into the keypad. Gives more flexability as you can have the keypad on all groups, the keypad sounder on other groups, and the max on seperate groups again if needed.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

many moons ago i attended an intruder alarm in the basement level of the antiques market in Isilngton, while there and before i could get my toolbox open the fire alarm tripped.

don't know what siren it was but i simply had to retreat due to the sheer noise it made, my skull and jaw bone were viabrating from the sound pressure, seriously painful experience.

might be down to reflected harmonics from the walls etc, like when you the SAB gets put on the board above a shop doorway, just seems to increase the noise level produced x 3 times

regs

alan

You got confused it was - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=9i1QAtET0ok&...feature=related

:lol:

but is that geezer at the start of the clip trying to stop it with a pencil? :unsure:

just think -if only the Germens had worked that sabatouge out - we could have lost the war :cold2:

regs

alan

wb brian

You always needed to group the max independantly of the keypad as it is in effect a seperate device built into the keypad. Gives more flexability as you can have the keypad on all groups, the keypad sounder on other groups, and the max on seperate groups again if needed.

cheers mate

you don't have to do it on the non dimension panels. Just program a fob as group 7 and you can use it any keypad by default, but the dimension panels with option 69, you have to assign the alarm group function as described above

If you don't know......ask.

regs

alan

Was gonna post the difference between acoustics & harmonics arf but thought nitro would be better at it tham me :whistle:

Hey ho, I'll stick to the old days. :console:

I remember showing a lad why internal spks have +ve & -ve. We fitted 2 in an office block(1 on landing, 1 in gnd well). Fitted as you should and set em off. Then swaped one over and set em off. Must admit I was surprised at the reduced level. 180 degreees out of phase I said. I wanna be a plumber he said.

• 4 weeks later...

Just incase anyone was wondering about the klaxon sound bar we used, its a bit loud! ... they certainly make enough noise to annoy any would-be intruder. Although not as loud as I thought they'd be, the home owner is pleased with it though.

i'm not sure what I expected, but i think i hoped it to be a little more unbearable in terms of SPL but with it being transducers, I guess it was a vague half-expectation.

Would I spend my own money on one? yes! certainly a lot better than some of the other things i've heard!

Jonathan ;)

Was gonna post the difference between acoustics & harmonics arf but thought nitro would be better at it tham me :whistle:

Hey ho, I'll stick to the old days. :console:

I remember showing a lad why internal spks have +ve & -ve. We fitted 2 in an office block(1 on landing, 1 in gnd well). Fitted as you should and set em off. Then swaped one over and set em off. Must admit I was surprised at the reduced level. 180 degreees out of phase I said. I wanna be a plumber he said.

Archived