Security Installer Community

Simple Panel For Old Lady (using Simple Prox Rdr)

Matt Ward

This looks like the badger! (as one of my colleages would say)

Thanks for your input!

I'd be interested about this also.

depends on the user level set to the tag and the 'reset' authority needed in programming, set to 'any user' then the fobs will reset the panel, but will require it to be offered 2 times after an activation. this is the same fr a code, and is meant to 'jog' the user to read the panel diplay.

regs

alan

Could still do with finding an "easy" panel for non tech people.

i've ordered in a Risco Wisdom Panel to have a look at, 1 wired zone 32 (i think) wireless.

has a rkp in the lid and can have a wireless keypad to set/unset. they do a wireless bell - but this pulses in alarm 1 min on 1 min off to save batteries

regs

alan

(so anyone remmember the 'chat' about fitting smokes to intruder panels then?)

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Before just reading about that pulsing 1min on 1min off siren, If I had heard one of those go off I would have just thought it was either faulty, or they were doing tests on/maintaining or installing the alarm.

Sort of, hmm a siren, oh its stopped, must have been a mistake.

Eh, its back on.. WTF?

Double WTF its stopped again, and so on...

Would have confused me enough to convince me it was not a real alarm.

Before just reading about that pulsing 1min on 1min off siren, If I had heard one of those go off I would have just thought it was either faulty, or they were doing tests on/maintaining or installing the alarm.

Sort of, hmm a siren, oh its stopped, must have been a mistake.

Eh, its back on.. WTF?

Double WTF its stopped again, and so on...

Would have confused me enough to convince me it was not a real alarm.

tbf they do a 'proper' wired siren that fits it but totally agree about the pulsing issue

regs

alan

i've ordered in a Risco Wisdom Panel to have a look at, 1 wired zone 32 (i think) wireless.

has a rkp in the lid and can have a wireless keypad to set/unset. they do a wireless bell - but this pulses in alarm 1 min on 1 min off to save batteries

(

Reads like scanny i-on. Except no 1min on etc... (oh & built in spirit level in bellbox. :whistle: )

I'm gonna have to fit one to see.

Now who dont I like? :hmm:

lol

I didnt know about the 1 min on / off thing but dont use em, the powermax doesnt do that.

I think id rather have a 5 min ring than a 10 min pulsed one.

:lol:

at least using a wired bell will stop this, given you can have a radio rkp and the panel is a tad unusual to look at (ugly to say the least) it will allow the panel to be upstairs say in the master bedroom wardrobe. from there a simple pop up into the loft

now received the box of tricks, so if got over the mans flue by then i'll set it up over the wekend.

has voice prompts apparently (well according to the manual :unsure: )

so i wonder if it will tell me when i do something wrong? like "oih you dipstick your PAB was progged up as a smoke" :cold2:

i just can't wait to argue with it - might even buy Gus one - for the sheer hell of it :lol:

regs

alan

I would rather wait untill the Agility comes out as i just do not like the Wisdom.

Love the 490x wireless combo but just had the scanny rep round today and thinking about changing to the EN range(hardwired). Solid panel and up to date downlod/upload.

Although Gardtec cannot be beaten on their wireless equipment, Scanny has a better keypad and wiring into the panel as it is set of the wall to get cables in etc. More of a solid looking panel and keypad IMO.

I think Gardtec should be looking at the panel spacing from the wall and the connections for PC programming to be on the top of the circuit board....oh the decisions! Its small things like this that makes the job easier!

!

Archived