Security Installer Community

Connecting To Morley Fire 5 Or Lower

barryc

Hi,

Just have bought a new laptop running windows XP. When trying to connect to fire 2 to 5 panel, I can not establish a connection. I have tried connecting to a fire 5 panel using fire 6.12 and I can connect to the panel and download the information ( so the lead is good).

Has anyone else have this problem or does anyone have a solution.

My previous laptop had windows 98 and was able to connect and had no problems

The way round your problem is to dual boot your laptop so that you can run DOS then you can connect to the Morley fire 2 to fire 5 panels. But you will also need to run the slowdown program as the processor is too fast and can cause problems.

If you need a copy of the slow down program I have a copy.

Pete

P.S. all our laptops are dual boot so that we can run DOS based programs

Peter Robinson

Freelance

M:07889038650

• 3 weeks later...
The way round your problem is to dual boot your laptop so that you can run DOS then you can connect to the Morley fire 2 to fire 5 panels. But you will also need to run the slowdown program as the processor is too fast and can cause problems.

If you need a copy of the slow down program I have a copy.

Pete

P.S. all our laptops are dual boot so that we can run DOS based programs

how do you dual boot your laptop?

how do you dual boot your laptop?

Think you need to partition the hard drive ... basically XP runs on one side, then you need to install DOS on the other (or Windows 98 or similar).

So when you turn your machine on it gives you the choice as to which operating system to run.

Think you need to partition the hard drive ... basically XP runs on one side, then you need to install DOS on the other (or Windows 98 or similar).

So when you turn your machine on it gives you the choice as to which operating system to run.

Yes you will probably need to use Boot Magic or similar program also when you install Fire 2 to 5 in the DOS parrtition install a sloedown program as well otherwise you will get errors.

Pete

P.S. can send you one if you need it

Peter Robinson

Freelance

M:07889038650

no but i have a windows 98 live usb drive, ie win 98 on a thumb drive.

You can make your own with hp's bootable usb tool and a win 98 disk.

There are also images on the web.

I have seen windows OS on USB dongles but never dos?

May try it one rainy weekend! :hmm:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

have a look here

http://www.bootdisk.com/

All I ever wanted to know about booting from a flash drive!

:rolleyes:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

as above, partition the drive and install win 98 on the other partition. some of your new laptops peripharal device drivers may not work with win 98 but as long as you get the display working and a working serial port you should be ok. you may need a usb to serial port as alot of new laptops dont have them.

Archived