Security Installer Community

Help With Cd7203 Panel

dm7ljm1

Hello all. I recently entered the engineers menu to enable me to remove bells, PIR's etc while plastering work and decorating was done. After putting all back I have a "call alarm co.08" displayed on my control panels. On entering engineer code again to exit I receive a "engineer here" message then screen defaults back to the call alarm co.08. If you can help to get back out the engineers mode would be gratefully appreciated!

Go into the Maintenance menu and find the Show Open Zones option. Check to see if everything is clear in there (any zones in tamper will have a "T" next to the zone number).

Also, when you come out of engineer mode, does the yellow or red LED come on?

Trade Member

Thanks for your replies.

I have 2 control panels but the same occurs on both. I cannot access any of the menus or leave engineer's mode making me think it is somehow jammed in the engineer mode. No fault LED's are on the panels.

I will try refitting the panels this evening.

not a panel i know (so don't blow me out of the water for trying guys :lol:).

is it possible as it shoes the 08 you or one of you kids have pressed a panic button during your decorating and so it needs reset. not uncommon for them to be installed to zones 7 for ground floor and zone 8 for 1st floor by engineers.

it's something i personally do from when there was no text displays on the panels, as when you get that call @ 3:30 am, makes it far easier to look intelligent, alert and with a briliant memory when your still half asleep :lol:

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Having an outstanding tamper will not bring up the 'engineer here' message.

Check that you haven't changed the address accidently on one of your keypads when you took them off the wall. The only time I have ever known that to be displayed is when engineer mode is being accessed on a different keypad. Check your keypads, one should have all dip switches off, and the other should have dip switch one on. If that fails,try warm starting the panel (mains off,disconnect battery,then power up again) *Make sure your memory link is on before you downpower the panel!*

Once your in engineer mode, check open zones in the Maintenance menu like antinode says,if all circuits are ok i.e; no 'T' next to them press 'X' until 'goodbye' is displayed. Then press '745', reset area 1 or something similar should be displayed. Then keep pressing 'X' until 'goodbye' is displayed and press tick. All being well the system should return to the unset state.

not a panel i know (so don't blow me out of the water for trying guys :lol:).

is it possible as it shoes the 08 you or one of you kids have pressed a panic button during your decorating and so it needs reset. not uncommon for them to be installed to zones 7 for ground floor and zone 8 for 1st floor by engineers.

it's something i personally do from when there was no text displays on the panels, as when you get that call @ 3:30 am, makes it far easier to look intelligent, alert and with a briliant memory when your still half asleep :lol:

regs

alan

Call alarm Co:08 is the remote reset code Arf. ;)

nor me morgan. dont worry about it. i assume it was a heads up as it could of continued and strayed into a grey area. SOmetimes its easy to forget your in public etc. I myself have done that lol

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

I can't see any problem with the advice I have given?

you lucky mate - everyone see problems with the advice i give :ninja:

thanks for the info, just another thought,

the user has got into engineer mode, done his decorting and during a pa gets pressed, would this panel still trip on the PA (as it will with Gardtecs)?

if so, he would then silence the bells using the user code, but then the engineer code as well, so going back into engineers mode, now trying to exit out is being stopped by the panel as the pa still unset or a tamper active but show engineer present because as far as the panel is concerned one was?

hypothetical, but some panels i've come across have some wierd ways of showing a remaining fault when exiting engineer mode :unsure:

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Thanks again for your help.

Following Morgan's advice I managed to warm start the alarm, which in turn gave a different "call alarm code:16". I could then gain access to the engineer menu and managed to put all the engineer resets back to no. This then changed the "call alarm co" again.

On viewing open zones, a few PIR where tampered (fixed them) but a panel tamper still remains. "Call alarm co.#" then changed again. I then tried to fix the panel tamper without success and finally gave up on "Call alarm co.95". In addition to this, on exiting the engineer menu the alarm sounded until I put my user code in. I presume this is due to the tamper problems.

I am thinking this is the time to call in the professionals to fix the thing?!

looks that way mate. Have yu confirmed the panel tamper is clear, and that no other related tampers (ie keypad, aux sounder, ext sounder etc) are clear. I dont know the panel so unsure if panel tamper is infact a group of other faults.

you lucky mate - everyone see problems with the advice i give :ninja:

thanks for the info, just another thought,

the user has got into engineer mode, done his decorting and during a pa gets pressed, would this panel still trip on the PA (as it will with Gardtecs)?

if so, he would then silence the bells using the user code, but then the engineer code as well, so going back into engineers mode, now trying to exit out is being stopped by the panel as the pa still unset or a tamper active but show engineer present because as far as the panel is concerned one was?

hypothetical, but some panels i've come across have some wierd ways of showing a remaining fault when exiting engineer mode :unsure:

regs

alan

Depending on how the panel is programmed decides whether PA is still active in engineer mode or not Arf. Aritech CDs will always come out of engineer mode, but ring the internals if there is a fault(mucho annoying!)

The number after 'Call Alarm Co' is irrelevant, so ignore it dm7ljm1.

If panel tamper is still showing in show open zones,and thats the only tamper left, I wouldn't give up! Panel tamper is a number of things- Obviously check the panel lid first because those springs are so dam unreliable(perhaps press the spring down with your finger and get the wife to look at 'show open zones' and see if it clears). If it isn't the panel lid, it could either be the bell tamper return, or the auxillary tamper loop on the panel(sometimes used for power supply tampers,sounders etc).It's a process of illimination,but your nearly there!

Turning off engineer reset like you have done is ok,but you will still need to clear the 'Call Alarm Co' message by performing the reset I explained in my previous post.

Thanks very much to you all for your help. Problem is half solved- which is good enough for now.

Morgan306- you are a true gentleman. I managed to get around the panel tamper by masking the lid. I know this is not the best solution, but as the panel is way up in the loft so I think it will do for the time being (or is there any serious repercussions of this?). I tried the pressing down of the spring but with no success. Is this part easy to replace or is it best left alone?

The "call alarm co" message disappeared on its own because I couldn't get the reset to work.

it means that anyone can at anytime open your panel and disable bits without you knowing. Its vital tbh.

You need to find out why masking works but non masking doesnt, suggest it needs adjusting.

Masking the lid is usually just used for engineers to exit the engineer mode and do tests in the customer mode. Not advisable to leave it that way forever! If de-pressing the spring didn't work, the fault must be either the bell return,or the auxillary loop. Try fitting a 4k7 resistor between the bell - and return (remove any wires in there at the moment) and see if that clears it. If so,theres a problem with the bell tamper/cable etc. Also try fitting a link wire between the aux tamper terminals,to create a short. If you have a multimeter it will make life a lot easier ofcourse... Measure resistance between Bell - and the return wire-it should be around 4k7 ohms. Also measure resistance between whatever is wired into your aux tamper terminals(if anything),that should be a dead short.

I'm glad I can help... ;)

Archived