Security Installer Community

Old Scantronic 9448 Reset

bartman

Hi does anyone know how to reset an old Scantronic 9448??? I took over a shop and was give the code for the alarm eg xxxx.

However I thought it wise to change it and looked on line but at the new 9448 instructions. That told me to input "6" then old code, then code to change (I understand there is 2) then the new no.

I got a tamper message and now cannot stop buzzer sounding.

Any help greatly appreciated running out of paracetemol :cry:

Martin

Hi does anyone know how to reset an old Scantronic 9448??? I took over a shop and was give the code for the alarm eg xxxx.

However I thought it wise to change it and looked on line but at the new 9448 instructions. That told me to input "6" then old code, then code to change (I understand there is 2) then the new no.

I got a tamper message and now cannot stop buzzer sounding.

Any help greatly appreciated running out of paracetemol :cry:

Martin

Does the code you were given (eg xxxx) still work?

then the code you were entering must be wrong.

for obvious reasons you need the code to do anything.

and again for obvious reasons (& site rules) we can't help you without it.

time to get someone round and default the panel back to factory settings and start again by re-programming I'm afraid. At the same time they can service the system, make sure it's suitab e for your needs/nature of use of the shop e.g a Jewelers needs better protection than a florists.

unfortunately not - I have tried to press enter button and omit button then code but nothing works. I did hear 2 beeps when I was trying to input code after pressing 6 then old code

then it appears you have succesfully changed the code, sadly you don't know what you have changed it to!

The correct procedure to change the code is

"6"

"enter"

"old code" (eg xxxx)

"new code"

"enter"

The two bleeps indicates success.

What has probably happened is that you have accidentally put in a combination of the old code and the new code or you have possibly repeated part of the new code.

You could try figuring it out by using combinations of the above or you may have to tottally reset then re-program the panel.

Unfortunately we can't tell you how to do this on a public forum.

The 9448 was a popular panel, they were fitted in their thousands so you should find it relatively easy to get an engineer to fix it for you.

I would say you have an old style 9448 and you have tried to change the code on newer software versions.

As stated the newer version goes:

(6) (enter) old code (????) old code (????)* new code (????) (enter) 2 bleeps

old style goes:

(6) (enter) old code (????) new code (????) (enter) 2 bleeps

I cant tell you how to default but with the above you should be able to work out what you have changed the code to :hmm:

* old code here means which of the two existing codes you want to change, but with the panel I suspect you have there is only one code.

Good luck, though as mentioned, might be worth getting it looked at anyway for what it costs.

Guest anguscanplay
Thanks to everyone for your help. I will try a few combination numbers :'(

but will then get it looked at

help you out - its a comman mistake and you forgot to press the enter button at the end, your looking for a code which is a combination of the four digits from your new one

Archived