Security Installer Community

Large Home Install

Heyy there

I am finally getting round to part alarming our buildings,

But i am looking for a nice kinda bell box, something that isnt ugly, I have seen adt have some chrome ones but i cant find a supplier for them.

I am looking to fit some kinds galaxy system, comprising of 30+ zones for garages outhouses segregated parts of the buildings, etc, the system is going to stretch over both of the houses, even tho the buildings are in different streets we have brought a wall which allows us to run all of the ethernet, baxall pyramid, cctv, fire cables down it, The wall is access able by the public but it is protected by 4 redwalls and 2 pelco spectra dome cameras, also linked into 3 master blasters.

The reason for installing the alarm would be to take much of the pressure off the cctv, because we have ended up using that as a makeshift alarm (dedicated micros ds2)

The buildings are only 75m apart so i cant see voltage loss being a issue

Any suggestions and or advice

I am in no way a alarm engineer, cctv is what i do, but i learn fast!

I refuse to ever become a pikey installing c##p alarms for beer money, i am installing this system to get a better understanding for how they work

many thanks

regs alex

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Heyy there

But i am looking for a nice kinda bell box, something that isnt ugly, I have seen adt have some chrome ones but i cant find a supplier for them.

I am looking to fit some kinds galaxy system, comprising of 30+ zones for garages outhouses segregated parts of the buildings, etc, the system is going to stretch over both of the houses, even tho the buildings are in different streets we have brought a wall which allows us to run all of the ethernet, baxall pyramid, cctv, fire cables down it, The wall is access able by the public but it is protected by 4 redwalls and 2 pelco spectra dome cameras, also linked into 3 master blasters.

The reason for installing the alarm would be to take much of the pressure off the cctv, because we have ended up using that as a makeshift alarm (dedicated micros ds2)

I refuse to ever become a pikey installing c##p alarms for beer money, i am installing this system to get a better understanding for how they work

many thanks

regs alex

This is what ADT use

http://www.elmdene.co.uk/products/extSounders/rapier.htm

expensive for a bell box though

Eucam Security Systems

0845 4630 746

www.eucam.co.uk

If you never have used galaxy panels then its not a easy panel to learn tbh, and not really a starters panel to learn either.

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

You have hit the nail on the head there when it comes to the bell box!

Very nice!

Ok your also saying the galaxy is going to be a hard panel to install,

What would you suggest (Oh noes those dreaded words!)

I need 30+ zones

Ability to set different areas on there own.

4 keypads

some sort of central management facility displaying alarm activities etc if thats even possible

Pref min grade 3 almost pushing grade 4 (Police harassment being a major issue it just means when they next decide we need raiding it causes them the most amount of hassle) Hence the master blasters we allready have lolol!!

Locals are a bit of a bugger too! metal theft being a big problem aswell!

Price isnt really a major issue,

Many thanks

Heyy there

many thanks

regs alex

Had to find one earlier this tear, and the only sensible price I could find for a stainless steel bell lid was Gardtec.

As said before, Galaxy aint an easy panel till you know em. I put a lot in, but thats the easy bit, its progrmming em I struggle a little bit with, but I spose you can get used to anything. They will do just about anything, but do you need anything that special ?

CCTV is mainly what I do as well so my advice would be something else, my pref is either Menvier Cooper or Gardtec, menu is easier to grasp - for me anyway ! Really great tech support at both as well.

I'd have to disagree and say that the Galaxy is very easy straight-forward to program.Obviously more complex things like custom zones etc arn't so easy,but for what you need it would work a treat. If you get stuck there is plenty of Galaxy literate folk on here to help you. Might be an idea to apply for trade status though.

Do you need police response though?

Police response wouldn't be in the main criteria, but would be nice to have the option, But there are issues with standards etc to gain access to that privilege???, there is usually people in one of the buildings that could react to the alarm anyway. some sort of text alert to a number of mobiles or is there some sort of way it could be broadcast across the digital radios we have? (Motorola GP340) that would be nice.

I'd have to disagree and say that the Galaxy is very easy straight-forward to program.Obviously more complex things like custom zones etc arn't so easy,but for what you need it would work a treat. If you get stuck there is plenty of Galaxy literate folk on here to help you. Might be an idea to apply for trade status though.

I am more than willing to learn! i take it in rather easily.

Trade status may be a issue as i am only 16 and just getting my first jobs, A few stately homes at the moment, but i am sure word of mouth will help me get a few more jobs.

Regs alex

Police response wouldn't be in the main criteria, but would be nice to have the option, But there are issues with standards etc to gain access to that privilege???, there is usually people in one of the buildings that could react to the alarm anyway. some sort of text alert to a number of mobiles or is there some sort of way it could be broadcast across the digital radios we have? (Motorola GP340) that would be nice.

I am more than willing to learn! i take it in rather easily.

Trade status may be a issue as i am only 16 and just getting my first jobs, A few stately homes at the moment, but i am sure word of mouth will help me get a few more jobs.

Regs alex

:slackjaw1:

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Archived