Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9651 - Installer's Code

SG2

I live in a rental property which has a Scantronic 9651 alarm fitted.

Recently we were burgled, and it appears that the burglars knew the Installer's Code (not the User 01 code, which we changed on moving in) and were able to use it to silence the alarm while they went about the house. The log records the alarm going off, the relevant zone being omitted and alarm being reset. The engineer has been round and confirmed that this is what happened - we reproduced the circumstances - but insists that this should not be possible.

My question is, is it possible to change the installer's code? Or else to set the system so that the alarm will not be silenced by entering the installer's code?

I myself now know the current one (by the simple method of looking over his shoulder when he typed it in, as I suppose the burglar may have done).

Also, any comments about my rights/the engineer's duties in this situation would be appreciated.

Many thanks

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Recently we were burgled, and it appears that the burglars knew the Installer's Code (not the User 01 code, which we changed on moving in) and were able to use it to silence the alarm while they went about the house. The log records the alarm going off, the relevant zone being omitted and alarm being reset. The engineer has been round and confirmed that this is what happened - we reproduced the circumstances - but insists that this should not be possible.

My question is, is it possible to change the installer's code? Or else to set the system so that the alarm will not be silenced by entering the installer's code?

Many thanks

Yes you can change the Engineers Code and no you shouldn't be able to unset the panel with the Engineers code.

But would have a better idea if you could post the panel log...

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Yes you can change the Engineers Code and no you shouldn't be able to unset the panel with the Engineers code.

But would have a better idea if you could post the panel log...

From memory, the log read something like "Z01 Omit"; "Z01 Burg Alrm"; "Z01 Burg Rstr" all recorded at exactly the same time. This was repeated for Z02/Z03 etc. Then, 15 minutes later, there was an entry "System Rearmed" (I think - it definitely said "rearmed").

When I came back the yellow alert light was lit, and the system displayed the various zones as being "inactive".

From memory, the log read something like "Z01 Omit"; "Z01 Burg Alrm"; "Z01 Burg Rstr" all recorded at exactly the same time. This was repeated for Z02/Z03 etc. Then, 15 minutes later, there was an entry "System Rearmed" (I think - it definitely said "rearmed").

When I came back the yellow alert light was lit, and the system displayed the various zones as being "inactive".

If the panel was unset with a "code" the you should see something like "Unn System Unset" nn = user

Think what you are seeing is the panel omiting the zones after they trip so many times then rearmng its self after the bell timer run out (After 20min) :hmm:

If the panel was unset with a "code" the you should see something like "Unn System Unset" nn = user

Think what you are seeing is the panel omiting the zones after they trip so many times then rearmng its self after the bell timer run out (After 20min) :hmm:

Agreed, most panels now automatically lock out a zone that activates 3 times or for more than 10 seconds.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

I myself now know the current one (by the simple method of looking over his shoulder when he typed it in, as I suppose the burglar may have done).

Also, any comments about my rights/the engineer's duties in this situation would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Its not possible to unset system with eng code.

To enter eng code you start with 0.

No user codes can begin with 0.

Even if they could begin with 0, system will not allow you to have two codes with the same number.

9651 can have 50 codes. look again in log to see which user uset the system at the time of burglary. Ask police, theyre pretty clued up.

When the engineer came round, we did a test - we set the system as normal and then deliberately set it off. While the alarm was sounding he tapped in the engineer's code and the alarm stopped.

Should this happen or do we have a faulty system?

I forgot earlier, but the user code that was registered (i can't remember on which log entry) was U52, which I think is the control box itself.

Its not possible to unset system with eng code.

To enter eng code you start with 0.

No user codes can begin with 0.

Even if they could begin with 0, system will not allow you to have two codes with the same number.

9651 can have 50 codes. look again in log to see which user uset the system at the time of burglary. Ask police, theyre pretty clued up.

16 x 4 digit user access codes, 1 duress code, 1 engineer code :rolleyes:

When the engineer came round, we did a test - we set the system as normal and then deliberately set it off. While the alarm was sounding he tapped in the engineer's code and the alarm stopped.

Should this happen or do we have a faulty system?

I forgot earlier, but the user code that was registered (i can't remember on which log entry) was U52, which I think is the control box itself.

While doing your testing with the Engineer -

It must have been turned ON with the Egg code, then OFF with the Eng code.

If turned ON with a User code, an Eng code will NOT turn it off.

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Archived