Security Installer Community

Blackberry

leesutton

Just got ma self a new blackberry pearl, looks a good bit ov kit. Can open all attachments so far from email but i cant seem to be able to use the bluetooth. If i want to send something to the blackberry it comes up with an error but it will send to other phones, so if anyone has got the answers please let me know..... unlimited emails and unlimited use of the internet and 700 mins per month. Happy days

lee

Lee Sutton

E-Mail: leesutton@centurianfire.co.uk

Phone: 0845 094 9870

CENTURIAN FIRE & SECURITY (part of centurian group limited)

• 7 months later...

Lee

Bluetooth on the BB is an odd thing - it doesn't work the way it does on "normal" phones.

I have the 8120 (no GPS, but has UMA/WiFi instead).

To send things, you need to pair the phone with the one you want to send to (or other device) first off. Then you need to confirm in the profile that all the services are enabled, such as serial data. I've found that there is a setting at the bottom, A/V remote control - if that isn't enabled, it won't send things to an Ericsson phone for some reason. Once that's done, and the phone shows connected, you should be able to send with no probs.

To receive by bluetooth is a wholly different animal. You need to go into the media application, just before receiving, then hit the BB menu key (to the left of the slippy nippy) and choose "receive using bluetooth" - and it seems a bit slow to me too, but will receive the file.

Long winded or what?

Bill.

Just got ma self a new blackberry pearl, looks a good bit ov kit. Can open all attachments so far from email but i cant seem to be able to use the bluetooth. If i want to send something to the blackberry it comes up with an error but it will send to other phones, so if anyone has got the answers please let me know..... unlimited emails and unlimited use of the internet and 700 mins per month. Happy days

lee

Bill

Accord Fire & Security Services Ltd.

www.accordfire.co.uk ~ TEL: 0845 474 5839

err - i haven't found why is it so important to send something over BT from phone to phone.. all that pairing stuff etc. business cards you can SMS OR email. pictures, music email.

or have i got something wrong?

BT is good for connecting your lappy to internet, for handsfree, and GPS receiver (even in case it is not built in).

Archived