Security Installer Community

Melcom Voice Dialer

deece

Hi All

I going to install a Melcom AD1000 Voice Dialer to a non Melcom contorl panel. The wring looks straight forward but Rather then using the Bell - to trigger I was going to use the Bell + and change the Voice Dialer settings to take 12v. The reason for this is that Melcom has supplied a 1k resistor which they state needs to be connected to the Bell + and Bell - if using a Bell - trigger. I no expert but would this casue issues with other items connected to the Bell + and Bell - such as the Bell Box?

Hi All

I going to install a Melcom AD1000 Voice Dialer to a non Melcom contorl panel. The wring looks straight forward but Rather then using the Bell - to trigger I was going to use the Bell + and change the Voice Dialer settings to take 12v. The reason for this is that Melcom has supplied a 1k resistor which they state needs to be connected to the Bell + and Bell - if using a Bell - trigger. I no expert but would this casue issues with other items connected to the Bell + and Bell - such as the Bell Box?

Hi Mate,

Hi All

Hi Mate,

What panel are you connecting to?

Hi, I would say use the resistor as suggested-reason being that some 'sounders' will do strange things if their inputs are not held solidly + or -, I had a panel with a SD1 attached using the bell neg and until I used a resistor to pull the output down the sounder made very unusual noises.

Rich.

Archived