Security Installer Community

Visonic Powermax+

trebor

Hi had my Powermax- for over a year with no problems, but over the weekend the panel sent a phone message to the programmed phones. Unfortuently I did receive the message (poor reception area) and the other phone holder had a long drive back to check on arrival no activation was noted (neighbours confirmed this). Any ides what may have triggered the panel to send out an alert? Cannot find any guidance in the manual on this. Thank you.

Hi thanks I did check the log and it confirmed that the garage sensor had been alarmed whilst we were out of the house. However it reset OK when we got back and the external siren did not sound, I could set the alarm off to test the siren but would not wish to upset elderly meighbours. Have done my weekly walk thru and all sensors are OK. Any feedback on possible problems areas, can contact the installer but he is away on business so not easily contactable. Would like to resolve myself as I getting to know the system.

Hello again thank you for the observations, the sensor is the Visonic NEXT K9-85 MCW and the same as per the others in the house. The sensor faces the up and over garage door and thus would be activated by any forced entry via the door.

The possibility of spiders and gusts of the winds on the door was not considered, however would not the siren have been activated?? I am happy to disable the sensor can this be done without affecting the status of the remaining sensors but would like to bottom out the siren issues first. Thank you.

Apologies forgot to answer the sensor does not face any windows and the garage is attached to my house in a quiet cul-de-sac. I do not get any low battery message on the LCD display.

The sounder should have activated if the system is programmed to do that.

It might be an idea to have the people that service it etc have a look as it sounds like something isnt right. But how do you know it didnt sound?

James

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Guest anguscanplay
however would not the siren have been activated??

as James says - it probably did (neighbours are the most unreliable source in this respect ...) the instruction manual should tell you how to do a bell test if you want to check it works or maybe you could just activate the system to prove it to yourself

Angus

Chances are, the siren did activate but stopped as it should after 15-20 minutes,and then re-armed the system. You mentioned yours neighbours are old, so it is a possibility that they didn't hear it? Just my 2p's worth.

Archived