Security Installer Community

99 Quid?

hi guys

first week on my own and having a bad time

got my first week of no money from regular job but thought ,, no matter got my first job in and first cheque

great until

k sereis engine? landrover freelander decided to pop its head gascket

owch!!!!!!

no money again

so luckily last night phone rung, can i price for alarm on new build alllready wired

so i go round there thinkin i need this job so bad so when with figure in my head of 300

but in desperation of needing the job i told the guy 250 supply and fit

he laughs at me and shows me a flyer he has had pushed through door and says theye have quoted me

99 quid ?????

how the $@%$ can anyone supply and fit an alarm for 99quid???

or maybe i am out of touch and 250 is a bit over the top , do you think??

wot a week

argggggggg

he laughs at me and shows me a flyer he has had pushed through door and says theye have quoted me

99 quid ?????

lol, let the soft //.B.W.F.// buy one

hobby type (member of the strike happy FBU, badly done to type), doing a cheapo screwfix kit then 30 -40 quid in the arsepocket (would be my guess)

De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da. De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da

Guest RJBsec

Cheapo kit, small/no batteries, no tax/nat ins most likely, or there's a catch!

Cheapo kit, small/no batteries, no tax/nat ins most likely, or there's a catch!

I have to agree with Rog there.

It's pre-wired but what has been pre-wired? There are no guarantees that it's all in full working order and if the sensor cabling has been done how many cores is it?

At least you know you tried, give the guy what was a reasonable quote for fitting an alarm system you know well and with a peace of mind guarantee, that any problems he has, you can help them resolve them and know that it complies with relevant BS/EN specs.

Rog - Catch being no service agreement, high maintenance costs, or something silly that you have to take out for a minimum of X months in order to get the alarm installed at that price or of course it maybe an ex- Large National Installer who's working of their price list, stranger things have happened so to speak. Your right it will probably be some B&Q / Screwfix special.

Intruder / CCTV / Access Control Technical Support Personal

Subscriber to the "K.I.S.S" principle, that's Keep It Simple Stupid, are you?

these are exactely the clients you should simply walk away and be happy you avaoded them.

and yes i know its tuff when your short of work/cash and just starting up. if you match or under cut he may recommend you - as a mug then his mate will want the same deal, you never climb away from that market so far better off spending the time getting into the higher class of work.

what you can sell is yourself, high quality and attention to detail, takes time but i'm living proof it works.

my advice is don't just do alarms, contact Molex for a course on cat5e/6 networking which was free, contact Paxton who do the same. i.e. get more strings to your bow, so as one trade go's quiet another go's hot, or while installing an alarm you can sales a phone or CCTv system. even if you don't get it, see it as practice honing your selling techniques.

being versatile is an advert in itself.

good luck

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

hi guys

first week on my own and having a bad time

got my first week of no money from regular job but thought ,, no matter got my first job in and first cheque

great until

k sereis engine? landrover freelander decided to pop its head gascket

owch!!!!!!

no money again

so luckily last night phone rung, can i price for alarm on new build alllready wired

so i go round there thinkin i need this job so bad so when with figure in my head of 300

but in desperation of needing the job i told the guy 250 supply and fit

99 quid ?????

or maybe i am out of touch and 250 is a bit over the top , do you think??

wot a week

argggggggg

Our minimum charge for a basic domestic would have to be

They can't.. We all know it wouldn't be worth it even if the equipment only cost them

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Archived