Security Installer Community

99 Quid?

Guest anguscanplay
IMO the 'fair price' should be around twice what appears to be the going rate.

ours is, always has been and always will be - takes balls to do it at the start but eventually your "brand..." means you only get the calls from the customer you deserve

and no - you cant pay ME monthly - LOL

did you not spot anything strange inside the panel ? like a digi, phone line, block terminal or broadband filter? - LOL.

These are the firms that give us ALL a bad name.The

I had a domestic alarm company 10 yrs ago and we did cheap installs for 155.00 but we was installing between 15 and 20 a day but we was basing it on the revenue from the services as we had them signed up to a 3 or 5yr agreement we also was telling the manufacturer what price we wanted to pay for the kit then 3 yrs down the line we sold it to another company. we had over 5000 service customers and it was growing, some of the installs wasn't the best but there wasn't the strict regulations then and we was classed as the biggest domestic alarm company in greater Manchester. The point im getting at is you will get more customers and earn more money off the services and faults/call outs so over a few years you can then sit back and live off the service money. Everybody dosnt agree with this type of company but it was 10 yrs ago.

lee

Lee Sutton

E-Mail: leesutton@centurianfire.co.uk

Phone: 0845 094 9870

CENTURIAN FIRE & SECURITY (part of centurian group limited)

I had a domestic alarm company 10 yrs ago and we did cheap installs for 155.00 but we was installing between 15 and 20 a day but we was basing it on the revenue from the services as we had them signed up to a 3 or 5yr agreement we also was telling the manufacturer what price we wanted to pay for the kit then 3 yrs down the line we sold it to another company. we had over 5000 service customers and it was growing, some of the installs wasn't the best but there wasn't the strict regulations then and we was classed as the biggest domestic alarm company in greater Manchester. The point im getting at is you will get more customers and earn more money off the services and faults/call outs so over a few years you can then sit back and live off the service money. Everybody dosnt agree with this type of company but it was 10 yrs ago.

lee

oh how times have changed,,,just out of interest, what panel did you fit.....

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

oh how times have changed,,,just out of interest, what panel did you fit.....

We used the risco Then gardtec 370 with the contour keypad.

lee

Lee Sutton

E-Mail: leesutton@centurianfire.co.uk

Phone: 0845 094 9870

CENTURIAN FIRE & SECURITY (part of centurian group limited)

• 2 weeks later...
hi guys

first week on my own and having a bad time

got my first week of no money from regular job but thought ,, no matter got my first job in and first cheque

great until

k sereis engine? landrover freelander decided to pop its head gascket

owch!!!!!!

no money again

so luckily last night phone rung, can i price for alarm on new build alllready wired

so i go round there thinkin i need this job so bad so when with figure in my head of 300

but in desperation of needing the job i told the guy 250 supply and fit

he laughs at me and shows me a flyer he has had pushed through door and says theye have quoted me

99 quid ?????

how the $@%$ can anyone supply and fit an alarm for 99quid???

or maybe i am out of touch and 250 is a bit over the top , do you think??

wot a week

argggggggg

As many have said before, don't sell yourself short. It is tough not only when you start but every day. Our basic system starts at

I can understand companies putting alarms in for cost price when the time of year arrives that the jobs dry up, and they just want to keep their engineers working and things ticking over. Maybe not making money but breaking even for a month or so. But even

ACE.gif

Archived