Security Installer Community

Virgin & Talk Talk - Digi Not Communicating

Hi, any1 have any ideas. Using panel with built in digi and communicates great normally to ARC. However have noticed that with Virgin & TalkTalk there are probs & comms fails. Voltage I'm told is as high as 100(!) on some and as low as 25 on others. Some1 told me that it's because theyr usin combination of digital & analogue. Any ideas what to do to fix this as causing me probs

yes i'd filter before the digi as digi's can kill ADSL

ta, appreciate u coming back quick. What about ones that already have filter. I've heard a few rumours that Virgin & TT are not so hot. I admit that comms side not my strength. they should be at 50V, is that right?

never heard of any pre filtered digis what filters are you using? i recomend the z blockers from act and before you connect the digi have a listen to see if you can hear any noise. Your right there should be 50v on a pstn line when in "normal" state

Mark Terry

A.M.I. Security

Covering the Thames Valley

Tel. 01189 775173 24hours

mark.terry@amisecurity.co.uk

never heard of any pre filtered digis what filters are you using? i recomend the z blockers from act and before you connect the digi have a listen to see if you can hear any noise. Your right there should be 50v on a pstn line when in "normal" state

Sorry meant that filter had been fitted in the panel on some jobs (broadband) and still failing to communicate. just can't get head round why no probs communicating on bt lines etc but when cust usin Virgin & TT I'm gettin weird stuff happenin, like not comms and 100v & 25V. Changed panel still doesnt work. Tested panel b4 and communicated fine on BT line. Am goin grey and need a pint quick with this one!

If you are signalling to a 08 number check for number barring. happened to me at my place apparently the missus set it up and "forgot " to tell me took me 4 hours and 2 digis and a lot of swearing to sort that one

Mark Terry

A.M.I. Security

Covering the Thames Valley

Tel. 01189 775173 24hours

mark.terry@amisecurity.co.uk

If you are signalling to a 08 number check for number barring. happened to me at my place apparently the missus set it up and "forgot " to tell me took me 4 hours and 2 digis and a lot of swearing to sort that one

women! Thanx didn't thnk of that & should have. Will check

Archived